chapter 8

His POV

I sat in the protected camp base, thinking about her. I knew it was wrong, but I had been following her ever since I found her at that party. I almost got caught that day she went for a run. I let my guard down and stepped on a damn twig. She knew I was there. But she kept her promise and didn't tell anyone that she heard something. She left her classes what I would assume to be early today. No one else was leaving. She was also crying. Sobbing actually. My heart ached when I heard her cries. I wanted to go to her. I wanted to calm her and make her feel better. I should have been able to hold her in my arms until she knew everything was going to be okay. But that was the problem, nothing was okay. She was here in this pack. Her actions were controlled, her words were controlled, her entire life was controlled. I wanted to tear down this whole pack and steal her away from here. I knew I could give her a better life. The one she deserved.

But I shouldn't feel any of this. I shouldn't care about the Alpha daughter at all. They were the enemy. Every single wolf in this pack was a target. That included her. If the time came for us to make our move, if she was out there with the rest of the Warriors, I would have to treat her like the rest of them. Could I do it? Could I potentially kill this girl? No, I wouldn't be able to do it. The problem was, I knew she would be fighting us. She was a part of the Alpha family. When it came to defending the pack, everyone with Alpha blood fought. She would be a distraction for me. Her scent would overwhelm my senses.

I had to figure out a way to handle this, and fast. More and more of our Warriors were showing up to our camp every day. It was almost time for us to attack. We would take our revenge. We would destroy this pack and it would cease to exist. They deserved far worse than just being wiped out, but we weren't rabid animals like they were. We would make it fast.

I watched some of the enemy Warriors run by on their patrol. How stupid of them to not even consider magic. We had been right in front of them since we arrived. But they stuck to their animal instincts. That's all they knew. They would never consider any other possible ways for us to stay hidden.

"Brother! I have updates and orders from Alpha Jimin." I turned to see Taehyung walking over to me.

"What has Jimin said?"

"He's gotten news that the Alpha and Beta sons will be leaving for a trip with some of their Warriors tomorrow. That will leave them with just an Alpha and less defense."

I considered not mentioning her, but I shouldn't protect her. She's the enemy, "There is still an Alpha daughter. She will fight along side her father and the Warriors."

"From the information we've gathered, she isn't the next Alpha. She isn't the she-wolf of the prophecy. She won't be as strong as her brother and we can take her out easily."

I growled. It was loud enough for several people in the camp to stop and look over to us. Tae stepped back in confusion, "What is your problem? She is one of them!"

I hung my head low and my next words came out as a whisper in defeat, but still loud enough for him to hear, "She's my mate, Tae."

I looked up to see his eyes widen and his mouth drop open in shock. He stayed quiet for a moment and then shook his head, "It wouldn't work out between the two of you. You are enemies. She is one of them and will never accept you. I wish it didn't have to be this way Jungkook, I really do. But we have to follow the plan. We attack tomorrow night." He walked away and left me to think.

I had to go find her. I had to get her away from here before we destroyed this entire pack.

Y/N POV