chapter 25

Bangchan, Changbin and the lead Warrior, Han, were following Jimin into the pack building. I was shortly behind them while Jungkook was bickering with Tae about coming over unannounced behind Hobi. 

I caught Bangchan stealing a glance at me over his shoulder before he searched for Jungkook. He smirked as he slowed down his pace to match mine.

"I know I may be overstepping but I just have to know-"

I cut him off, "If you have to start off by saying you're overstepping, then you're overstepping. So you may want to take a step back." I heard Jungkook's light chuckle coming from behind us. 

His hand grabbed his chest as if he'd been shot, "Ouch. I'm just trying to know where you stand with pretty boy back there."

"I'm not interested Alpha Bangchan. I'm sure you're a great guy, but I'm not interested."

"Okay okay, I get it. You have your mate. I just thought maybe there was a chance since I didn't see a mark on either of you." I stayed silent with no response, but after a moment he continued, "So why haven't the two of you marked each other?"

"I haven't shifted yet." Again, I felt no need to tell him Jungkook wasn't my mate. 

"You haven't?!"

I just shook my head no. 

"You are going to be an incredibly strong wolf. I look forward to seeing it."

We made it to Jimin's office and Bangchan attempted to have me sit next to him until Jungkook grabbed my waist as he walked by. He sat down in the arm chair near Jimin's desk, pulling me into his lap as he did so. His arms snaked around me and I could tell he wasn't letting go of me any time soon. 

Jungkook's jealousy and possessive nature wasn't like Kyung's. His stemmed from the need to protect me. In the short time span that we've known each other we had already gone through so much together. I didn't mind his caring and overly protective demeanor. It made me feel safe, and even though at the end of the day his mate was out there, it made me feel wanted. 

I wondered if he wasn't holding back with me because he couldn't actually be with his mate for one reason or another. But from the way he had spoken about her in the past, I couldn't believe that to be true. There was a lot we needed to talk about after this meeting. 

While we waited for Yoongi to arrive, Jungkook just stared down Bangchan. The Alpha held a cocky smirk, knowing it just pissed Jungkook off even more. To him, this was a game and I knew that even though I had declined Bangchan's advances, he wasn't going to give up easily.

 Jungkook knew this too and was probably afraid that I would eventually take up Bangchan on his offer. Jungkook knew I was weary of anything between us because of the mate situation.

He needed some reassurance. 

I leaned my back against his chest, taking a hand in mine I started running slow circles on his skin with my thumb. I could feel him physically relax and he placed a soft kiss on my shoulder. I turned my head to return the favor, kissing him on the cheek. He just responded with a smile. 

Luckily Yoongi walked in, finally taking everyone's attention.

"Alpha Bangchan, Beta Changbin, Lead Warrior Han, this is my good friend Yoongi. He is also the mate of my Beta." The three of them gave their hello's and Yoongi returned the gesture. "So tell us about this prophecy you have heard of. I'm curious to know if it's the same one Yoongi knows."

"I take a lot of strays into my pack. They need homes too and I believe in second chances. So they hear things out there. Several of them have heard stories passed down from older generations of an Alpha she-wolf. There has never been a female Alpha so she would be the first of her kind. On top of that, she has an Alpha mate. Two Alphas together, rise up as Queen and King to unify the werewolves."