chapter 15

"So I'll be seeing the two of you at the pack house later tonight." Jin spoke as he headed to the front door. He checked me out and I was good to finally be taken off of bed rest. 

"You'll be there?" I asked him. 

"Of course. I'm one of the Alpha's closest friends. He takes the opinions of others, and likes to analyze the facts as well. I'll be letting him know how severe your injuries were. But don't worry, I'll also be putting in a good word for you."

"Thank you, hyung." Jungkook shook Jin's hand before he walked out the door. 

I hadn't been out of the bedroom much so I hadn't been able to see much of Jungkook's home. It was small and modest. It definitely looked like the house of a bachelor. The interior reminded me of a cabin and there was a very large fireplace which made me think we were in an area that got cold in the winter. He also had a large flat-screen tv with multiple gaming systems. He really was a typical boy. The extremely large couch had many pillows and blankets, which I assumed was so large to hold him and all his friends when they spent hours playing video games. Across the living room on the opposite side of the bedroom I had been staying in, there was another room. I guessed this was his bedroom. The kitchen was small but had all the needed appliances. Over all it was very clean and neat and majority of everything was black or grey toned. 

I noticed Jungkook staring at me as I looked around his place, "So what do you think?"

"It's a nice place. It feels comfortable. But why two bedrooms for just you?"

"To help you." He proudly smiled.

I smiled back, "You didn't know you'd be bringing me back here."

"I know. It originally was for the possibility of my own child someday. But only if my mate wants one."

My heart dropped. The way he spoke about a mate sounded like he already had one. I had assumed he didn't based on our encounters. 

"Oh..." I didn't know what else to say or how to respond. He picked up on my tone. 

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing... I just didn't know... you already had a mate."

His doe eyes went wide, "No no, I don't have a mate. Well... technically... yes. I know who she is, but she doesn't know because she hasn't shifted yet. So I'm still the pack's most wanted and eligible bachelor, for now." He wore a cocky grin. 

"Why haven't you told her?"

"Our pack has this tradition. Next time someone shifts I'll show you. But we keep who our mate is to ourselves."

I let out a quiet laugh, "That's if your Alpha allows me to stay long enough to see it."

Jungkook walked over to me and took my hands, "He will. I know he will. I'll never forgive him if he doesn't and he knows that. I'll be able to show you the mate tradition and everything else about my pack. I promise."

His words held so much hope. And I believed every single one of them.

A few hours later, I was sitting in the passenger seat of Jungkook's very expensive looking car. I wasn't into them much but I could tell he spent a lot of money on this sports car. Some soft music played, he had good taste. It was similar to the music I would choose to listen to. Every once in a while I could hear him humming, but he kept it very low. Still, I could tell that he was a wonderful singer.

He drove us through some winding roads, I was surprised to see we were up in the mountains. Just how far away from home was I? The forest was thick here and hid the houses from the road well. We were driving deeper into the mountains but heading down. After about fifteen minutes or so of winding roads, I was able to look down the cliff and see the city. It was definitely smaller than the one back home, but it looked just as busy.