chapter 13

***Y/N's POV***

I was floating. Surrounded by a warm, fluffy cloud. The scent of a crisp autumn day after rain fall filled the air. Everything was light and pure. It was peaceful. I felt, an unexplained happiness. A weight had been taken off my chest.

Beep. Beep. Beep.

I was safe, protected. But from what? What did I have to fear?

Beep. Beep.

My heart rate picked up. There was something I needed to remember. I needed to run. I wasn't as safe as this haven made me feel.

Beep. Beep.

It all came crashing. He would come after me. Kyung would find me.

I woke up in an absolute panic, screaming and crying. I was thrashing in the huge bed that had the thickest blankets I had ever been in. My eyes darted around the unfamiliar room. It was cabin like with warm mahogany furniture. My face was wet from tears, as I noticed all the monitoring machines around me. The ECG showed how fast my heart was racing. I lifted my hand to feel the oxygen tubes in my nose and I noticed the IV in my arm that was connected to fluids. Then my eyes landed on her.

She was breathtaking and had the blackest, longest, pin straight hair I had ever seen. It was well past her hips. Her eyes were a shocking emerald green against her pale skin. She didn't smell like a werewolf. And although I hadn't been around too many humans, she didn't smell like one of those either. Her scent was earthy and what could only be described as sunlight.

"What are you? Who are you? Where am I?" My voice croaked and my throat was scratchy, as if I hadn't used it for a while.

"You don't have to be afraid." Her voice was angelic and came out like a song, "I'm a friend of Jungkook's."

I didn't know why a tidal wave of jealousy came over me, but I didn't want this strange woman any where near him. "Jungkook... where is he?"

On cue, as if he was listening, he entered the room, "I'm here. Don't be scared, this is Aurora. She's helping you. You can trust her, because I trust her."

I looked from him back to her, "What is she?"

"I'm a witch."

"A... witch? I didn't know those were real."

She laughed, again sounding like a song, "Of course we are. Everything is. Werewolves can't be the only supernatural creature. Where is the balance in that?"

"She's been taking care of you. Her mate and husband is Jin. He's the pack doctor. I promise you, you are safe." The bed dipped slightly as he sat on the edge. He was still about an arm's length away but my heart rate was coming down back to normal as he got closer.

"Your neck and throat had a lot of swelling so we had to supply oxygen to you. You have a broken rib and you suffered some blood loss. We gave you two blood transfusions and you've been on fluids to help flush the wolfsbane out of your system." She was speaking so calmly as she stirred something in a tea cup.

"Wolfsbane? How was there wolfsbane in me?"

"Wait... you didn't know?" Jungkook looked at me confused.

"No? I was never hooked up to anything or injected. How did it get there?"

"I'm not sure. But the blood on you was heavily scented in it. At first we thought it was Jungkook, since he had it in him. But even once he was taken away from you at the hospital, I still smelt it all over you."

"Maybe it wasn't wolfsbane... maybe... maybe it was something else..."

"Aurora specializes in herbs. She wouldn't be mistaken." Jungkook spoke so softly to me, he could tell how shaken up I was. It was all so much to process.

"I don't understand," I started looking around again, "where am I?"

"This is Jungkook's room, in his cabin. He didn't want you at the hospital. Was very insistent actually. He wanted you near him at all times."

I looked over as his face turned red. He cleared his throat, "I just thought you would be more comfortable if I was around when you finally woke up. I didn't want you to panic and have no one familiar around you." His caring nature never failed to make my heart feel like it was being squeezed.

I reached for his hand that was resting on the bed. I wrapped my fingers around his, and his thumb immediately started rubbing calming circles into the back of my hand. His doe eyes met mine, "Thank you."

"Of course. I'm going to keep you safe."

Aurora cleared her throat, reminding us that she was still here, "I'm going to go get Jin to check all of her vitals. You should alert Alpha Jimin that she's awake. He'll want to talk to her."

Jungkook's growl was a low rumble in his chest. His wolf eyes flashed for only a second.

"Jungkook! They just want to help her too." Aurora scolded him.

"I know." He sounded like a child that had been reprimanded.

"This one here is very protective of you, Y/N. I don't think you have anything to be afraid of anymore." She smiled at the two of us before leaving the room. Jungkook and I were now alone.

"How long have I been asleep?"

"About a week."

I gasped, "A week?!"

"He... he did a lot of damage to you. Your heart was beating so slow. I thought," his voice cracked, "I didn't think you weren't going to make it. He caused internal and external bleeding. And you weren't getting enough air."

"Are we in your pack lands?"

"Yes..." he looked at me cautiously. As if he was contemplating telling me more. I pushed for more answers.

"What pack is this?"

"The Golden Moon pack." My head immediately spun as he spoke the name of the pack my father had said no longer existed.