chapter 33

Jungkook's POV

The smell of the lavender oil in the hot water mixed with her sweet scent made me drunk. The honey soap I used to wash her skin made the air even more intoxicating. I noticed her scent had been stronger today at the wedding than it had been the night of her first shift. The night I finally got to hold her in my arms as my mate. I knew her first heat would start shortly after finding each other but I hadn't expected it so soon. There were a couple things we needed to discuss before she was overtaken by the haze and all instinct took over for her. Conversations needed to be had about what she knew about her heat before her pheromones made me wild. 

I wasn't sure if her mother had taken the time to teach her about this time for a female. Her parents hadn't cared about her and she was just going to be used a baby factory so why would they give her the proper knowledge? Did she know this would be the time we needed to be careful, as she was going to be fertile? Did she want to mark each other during her first heat? Did she know she would sleep for a few days once her heat was over? I had no clue if she knew any of this or if I would need to be the one to talk her through it.

She looked so peaceful, sitting in the warm water between my legs, her head rested back against my chest for my chin to prop on perfectly. She was content with us sitting in silence, just enjoying the presence of each other as she played with my tattooed hand, weaving our fingers together. I hated to ruin her peaceful moment, but I wanted to be sure we set our boundaries before it was too late.

"Y/N, there's some things I wanted to ask you."

She turned her head towards me, casting her eyes up to look at me through her thick lashes, "What did you want to ask?"

"I just know, your family didn't treat you well... and I don't know if they told you what you needed to know... do you know about your heats?"

She giggled, "I still went to school and took a werewolf development class. I know they happen about two to three times a year, and it's when I can become pregnant."

"I'm sorry, I just didn't want to assume that you knew."

"That's fair. But I'm grateful you asked, after all my former pack didn't treat females well anyways. I'm surprised any of us knew to be completely honest."

"That's why I wanted to make sure we talked about this. But also because, I don't know if you want a family and pups of your own someday. Regardless, I think we should use protection for at least your first few heats. We aren't ready for kids yet this early on and with a war on the horizon, it wouldn't be very smart of us."

She looked down at the water and distracted herself with some bubbles before speaking, "I really don't know if I want to have kids."

My heart dropped a little. My childhood was full of laughter, encouragement and love. I wanted to be a father and show my kids the same. I loved kids. But I understood she wasn't shown any of that. The affection she received from me was probably the first real and true positive emotion she had experienced. 

"I understand. And if kids aren't something you want, then we won't have them."

She turned around and looked into my eyes, searching for any doubt in my words, "Are you sure?"

I smiled, "Of course I am. You're really all I need. If that's a compromise I have to make for your happiness then I'll make it."

Her arms wrapped around my neck, "What about your happiness?"

"Baby girl, you are my happiness. I can continue taking care of the kids who don't have a family. I'm already like a father to them anyways."

She kissed me gently, "Thank you. I have a question of my own."