46. Still The One

I've had this chapter in my head since I decided Jess would go and visit Harry in LA and I've been dying to write it for ages, so here we go, I hope you like it.
I love votes, comments and Harry Styles, so feel free to leave me any of the above :)
Oh, and if you would recommend this story I would be even more happy!

--------********--------

I was woken the following morning by Harry's groans. I opened my eyes to see him laying on his back with his arm over his face.

"What's the matter?" I croaked, trying to find my voice.

"I feel so ill," he mumbled.

"That'll be all the champagne you drank last night," I offered.

He flinched at the mention of champagne. "Why didn't you stop me?" he moaned.

"I was in no fit state," I chuckled.

"I can barely remember," he confessed. "I remember the restaurant but the club's just a blur." He paused. "Did I shout at a pap?"

I giggled. "I think you were defending my honour," I teased. "It was very chivalrous."

He smiled and pulled his arm off his face to look at me. His eyes looked tired. I dreaded to think what I must have looked like. He rolled over onto his side towards me and started to say something, then broke off and looked away, exhaling loudly.

I looked at him questioningly, but he didn't look at me. I noticed little beads of sweat breaking out on his forehead, and he suddenly leaped out of bed, making me jump. "Be right back," he mumbled. He made a dash for the bathroom, and a couple of seconds later I heard him puking into the toilet bowl.

I wrinkled my nose, and reached over for my phone and the tv remote. I switched on MTV and saw I had new text messages.

From: Callie: You're top story on Daily Mail showbiz!! xx

From: Sarah: Daily Mail - AGAIN!!!! xxx

From: Sarah: You both look hot btw. Imagine your kids xxx

From: Calvin: If he publicly breaks your heart I will publicly break his face

From: Mum: Hello love. Are you having a nice time? Maddie showed me the article about you and Harry. He looks like a nice boy. Dad said his hair is a bit long though. Will you be bringing him home to meet us? Love Mum x

From: Gary: Don't be thinking all this publicity will get you special treatment in work, slacker.

I sighed and opened up the Daily Mail app, and sure enough, the top story was a brief article about mine and Harry's night out with about 30 pictures of us, starting with us arriving at the restaurant, then leaving the restaurant, then leaving Project, and finally Harry talking to the paps through the open window of the car, with a very stern look on his face.

I closed the app and Googled Harry Styles and the first 4 articles that came up were about last night. I read them all - Sugarscape, Hollywood Life, Heatworld and The Mirror. They all said pretty much the same thing; that I had been pictured with him a few times, we had enjoyed a night out etc etc, but I noticed Sugarscape was now saying we had never been seen kissing, and suspicions were being cast over the status of our "relationship."

I was just pondering this when Harry appeared in the doorway wearing a pair of black boxers, with his hair in a mun and bloodshot eyes. "I feel like death," he moaned. "What are you doing?"

"Just reading about our night out last night," I answered. "If you can't remember much, the tabloids will gladly fill you in."

He rolled his eyes. "Don't read that shit." He flopped on the bed next to me then winced and groaned again.