Making Progress! (SV007-SV008)

SC007: Recipe of Battle and Paldean Evolution!

(Note: This will contain the evolved form of Sprigatito)

The battle with Ashlie and Katy gets underway with Katy's Nymble vs Cadet the Charcadet.

Ashlie: "Okay Cadet, use Ember!"

Cadet: "Em...BERRRR!" *launches the fire ball that doesn't seem to faze Nymble at lot* "Ummm..."

Katy: "Nymble, use Double Kick!" *Nymble kicks Cadet twice, into the wall*

Liz, who's in Ashlie's backpack: "Ouch...that must've hurt..."

Ashlie: "Hmm, use Clear Smog to block Nymble's sight, then use Ember!" *Cadet does that, only for Nymble to dodge and try to land Struggle Bug* "Got you now, use Flame Charge!"

Cadet: "Take this you robotic looking grasshopper!" *engulfs himself in Flames and bashes Nymble upwards, knocking out the Grasshopper Pokemon*

Ref: "Nymble is unable to battle, Charcadet wins!"

Katy: *returns Nymble* "You did great Nymble, you almost beat the fire type, rest up now. Now, Tarountula, your turn!"

Ref: "Ashlie, will you switch out your Pokemon?"

Ashlie: "Nope, I'm sticking with Cadet for now!"

Cadet: "Alright!" *smirks as Ashlie scans Tarountula with Rotom*

Rotom Dex: "Tarountula, the String Ball Pokemon. A Pure Bug Type. The ball of threads wrapped around its body is elastic enough to deflect the scythes of , this Pokémon's natural enemy."

Ashlie: "Okay, use Flame Charge again and increase your speed more!"

Cadet: "CHARRR-" *gets blocked by Assurance and grabbed by Tarountula's String Shot* "Oh oh."

Katy: "Toss Charcadet upwards and use Tackle!" *Tarountula uses the Normal Type move to KO Cadet who Ashlie holds in her arms and thanks him for the work he put up, before sending out Spriggy.*

Liz: "This feels like a bad idea." -u-

Spriggy: "Okay, time to beat these bugs!"

Katy: "Using a Grass Type against a Bug Type Specialist isn't ideal, but I can't let my guard down, use String Shot!"

Ashlie: "Bite on the string and bring it closer!" *Spriggy grabs the missed String and drags the Bug Type over* "Now, Scratch!"

Katy: "Use Bug Bite now!"

*The two moves connect as Spriggy starts running with Scratch again, only for her to dash faster than normal.*

Ashlie: "Spriggy?"

Spriggy: "YAAAA!" *slams into Tarountula with Quick Attack, replacing Scratch with it.*

Ashlie: "Yes, that was Quick Attack, now, once more!"

Katy: "Use String Shot!" *The String Ball Pokemon tries to block the move, but it's too late as it connects, taking out the other pure bug type*

Ref: "Tarountula is unable to battle, Katy, your last Pokemon please!"

Katy: "Teddiursa, you're up now!" *Sends out the cute bear to instantly Terastalize it into a Bug Type* "Now, use Covet quickly, then Fury Cutter!"

Ashlie: "Dodge it!" *Spriggy tries to dodge the attacks using her new Quick Attack, but gets hit by the boosted Fury Cutter, which slams Spriggy into a wall, KOing her.* "Spriggy!"