An Encounter to Treasure! (SV065-066)

(Alright, we're either at or about to reach the halfway point for Ashlie's Paldean Adventures! And also about halfway through Season 2!)

SV065: Otherworldly Treasures!

*On the outskirts to Tagtree Thicket (AKA "Lag-tree Thicket") one afternoon, Ashlie had recently been monitoring Liko, Roy, and Dot from the Rising Volt Tacklers, along with Liko's Blueberry Academy dorm roommate, Ann during their Terastal training class, so far, Ashlie decided it would be fair if they had extra supervised training before doing their tests, which the first ones are the students vs a Gym leader. Ashlie also had Liz in her human form to help train the four as well.*

*So far Liko has Katy, Roy has Brassius, Dot has Iono, and Ann has Kofu. If they passed, one would team up with the Gym Leader they battled to fight an Elite Four Member chosen at random. Currently, Ashlie and Liz were in charge of mentoring these four trainers and their Pokemon in order to train them for their tests.*

Ashlie: "Alright, this seems like a good place to train for a bit." *Ashlie put her backpack against a rock, before turning to the others, holding four sticks with colors hidden by her hand.* "Alright, so how we're going to start this training is this: I have four sticks, with two having the same color each. Ann, Dot, Liko, and Roy, you four are going to pick one each, and whoever has the same color as you will be your sparring partner."

*The Rising Volt Tackler trio and Ann grabbed one stick each, and Dot and Ann got the color green while Roy and Liko got the color pink.*

Liz: "Alright, so Dot and Ann will have a practice battle that I'll monitor since they got green, while Ashlie will monitor Liko and Roy's battle. Also, since each of you have at least two Pokemon each, let's make both battles a Double Battle, so two Pokemon at the same time?"

Roy: "Sounds like a plan!"

*Dot sent out her Quaxly and Tinkatink against Ann's Dewott and Sandshrew. Roy sent out Fuecoco and newly evolved Kilowattrel, against Liko's Floragato and newly evolved Hattrem.*

Ashlie: "Alright, battles begin!" *Liko started with Quick Attack at Roy's Fuecoco while the fire crocodile used Flame Charge to clash with the normal type move, Kilowattrel used Spark against Hattrem's Brutal Swing attack, even though Hattrem got damaged, it redirected the bird into Fuecoco who won the clash against Floragato.* "Clever tactic, Liko, using Roy's own attack against him, but it seems like Roy got the better outcome there. Although it's important to keep an eye on where your Pokemon are, Roy, so make sure you remember that."

Roy: "I'll make a note of that."

Liko: "Yeah, I might need to try a different tactic."

*As for Dot and Ann's battle, Dot was focusing on Sandshrew mostly to take out one of Ann's Pokemon earlier on, but this allowed Dewott to get some free hits on both of Dot's partners.*

Liz: "I like how you're trying to make it easier to take out Ann's Pokemon, but do keep in mind sometimes it's not a good idea to ignore one Pokemon as it can still cause problems, Dot. Ann, you're doing good at adapting, but Sandshrew won't be able to always take those attacks so well, so make sure to have Dewott step in for some of those attacks."

Ann: "Yeah good point, ma'am."

Dot: "I'll try to remember that I can't just ignore one Pokemon as well."

*They kept training for around 14 more minutes, before Liko's Terapagos starts glowing and acting like it has a headache, where the two battles are stopped.*

Liko: "Terapagos? What's the matter?" *Terapagos keeps glowing, as suddenly this mist surrounds them, as they hear coughing, and when the mist clears, the group see three pretty familiar individuals..*