Doubles can be Annoying (SV033-034)

So since the World Championships are going on, I figured I might make a chapter with Double Battle things involved!

SV033: Rhythmic Showdown.

*Ashlie arrives at Montenevera for her seventh badge, and just finished some training after doing rap battles, that took her 15 attempts because she's not great at rapping. Chuster somehow was the last one still able to continue, so they decided to rest for a bit. Goomba, Benny, and Nemona also decided to watch the battle.*

Chuster: "Okay, what's the gameplan?"

Ashlie: "I think Spriggy, Doughie, Dontusks, and Cadet will do well for this battle."

Nemona: "Interesting...not sure about your Armarouge."

Chuster: "Yeah, not sure on Cadet for it, but hey, he beat Koch's Water Tera Crabominable as a Charcadet so I'm sure he'll be fine."

*They soon see the Gym Leader Ryme*

Ryme: "Well if it ain't Ashlie, hope you're ready for a true rhythm!"

Ashlie: "I don't understand rapping..."

Liz: *whispers from her bag* "Neither do I..."

Chuster: "Okay, so double battle format?"

Ryme: "Aw, what's wrong little fella?~"

Ashlie: "Oh yeah, it's not normal to understand Pokémon, forgot, he is wondering about the format."

Ryme: "Oh, that. It's to make it more of a challenge for others."

Ashlie: "Alright" *reads two Pokéballs* "Dontusks, Doughie, I choose you!"

(Also after Season 1 is over, when I say it is, someone, go over the win rates for all of Ashlie's Paldean Pokémon, okay?)

Ryme: "Mimikyu, Banette!"

3! 2! 1! GO!

Ashlie: "Play Rough and Knock Off at the Mimikyu, get rid of that Disguise first!"

Ryme: "Both of you, Shadow Ball Fury!!~"

Ashlie: "What?"

*They break the disguise of Mimikyu, but both get hit with a lot of Shadow Balls*

Ashlie: "Doughie, use Bite on Banette, Dontusks, use Brick Break."

Benny: "Did she forget Fighting isn't helpful against Ghost Types, it doesn't work on them!"

*Dontusks does it, which confused Ryme and her Ghost types, as Ashlie smirks once Banette and Mimikyu are close enough to Dontusks.*

Ashlie: "Stomping Tantrum."

Lighting: "Wait, that doubles in power when your previous attack either didn't activate, or failed to do anything like it missed!"

Benny: "Doubles in power?!" *Goomba nods as Dontusks looks mad*

*Just like that, both Pokémon are launched into the air, with Mimikyu going down due to pushing Banette back*

Banette: "Why you-"

Ryme: "Don't worry, I have a trick..." *shows a keystone* "Banette, time to Mega Evolve!"

Goomba: "This isn't even the last gym and they have a Mega...?"

Nemona: "No not usually, but I think Chairwoman Geeta might've wanted her to have a Challenge..."