Badges and Rivals (SV018-020)

(National Autism Awareness Month, and the 26th Anniversary for the Pokemon Anime!)

SV018: The Average Man, & then the Metallic Worm! (LARRY)

Ashlie reached Medali, and decided to order from. the Treasury menu, and let's just say she got the secret meal for the Gym first try by accident lol (I just looked it up for it) Larry appeared and frowned.

Also yes, I challenged Larry before Iono.

Larry: "Hello it's me, Larry."

Ashlie: "Hm, I'm Ashlie...nice to meet you!"

Larry: "Anyways my boss will dock my pay if I keep chitchatting..."

3 on 3.

Ashlie: "Chuster, you're up!"

Larry sends out Kolkata who Yawns Chuster, and eventually Chuster has to take a nap before beating it...

Chuster: "oof..."

Ashlie: "Return buddy." *sends out Cycle* "Who's next?"

Larry: "Dudunsparce. Up next.."

Ashlie: "Um, cool?" *uses the Pokedex* "Well that's disrespectful to a funny evolution so I'm keeping this thing on mute, Breaking Swipe."

Larry: "Glare." *Cycle gets Paralyzed but Shed Skin kicks in to remove it* "Kind of weird to see a Cyclizar without Regenerator, tbh"

Cycle: "This is a waste."

Ashlie: "Abilities don't always make or break Pokémon. Cycle, be nice." *The clash continues, but Dudunsparce takes the win because Cycle kept ignoring some commands.* "Dang, you did your best Cycle, but chill out, now, Spriggy!"

Spriggy: "Yooo."

Ashlie: "Seed Bomb!"

Larry: "Use Pounce."

Ashlie: "Pounce?" *Dudunsparce jumps up and slams into Spriggy with Bug Energy* "A Bug move?!"

Spriggy: "Quick Attack Time!" *bashes into the funny Evolution, but it uses Aincient Power to send the cat away*

Larry: "Hyper Drill it."

Dudunsparce: "YAHHH!" *spins around and slams Spriggy into a wall, KOing the Cat.*

Ashlie: "Okay...Chuster once more!"

Chuster: "I'm gonna have a bad time..."

*Chuster clashes with the Normal Type, and while he wins, it barely helped out...*

Ashlie: "Dang it..."

*Larry sends out his partner Staraptor, who Terastalizes, and while Chuster uses Ice Tera Blast, the Advantage is removes thanks to the loss of Flying*

Larry: "Facade now."

Ashlie: "Oh no!"

*Staraptor slams his wing into Chuster, who falls.*

Ashlie: "Chuster!"

Larry: "Too basic for you? Just try to not rely on a Pokémon..."

*Ashlie picks up Chuster and tells him that he did amazing, before leaving to check on how Arven's doing.*

Arven: "Well, I'm about to face the Steel Titan. Wanna help?"

Ashlie: "Well, no point in slouching around about my first Paldean loss, sure."

*They head to the desert construction area near Zappico and see this giant worm*

Orthworm: "OH HELLO THERE!"