✯ T w e n t y - F i v e ✯

The Tsuranga Conundrum (Part 3)
2018

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR, I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE HAD A GREAT YEAR AND THAT NEXT YEAR WILL BE EVEN BETTER FOR ALL OF YOU LOVELY ANGELS <33
--------------------------------------

More clutters and a series of banging occurred, each one getting louder. The Pting must've been getting closer. Charlotte stood up, readying her stazer.

"It's close," Yasmin stated.

"Just focus on protecting the anti-matter drive," Ronan instructed the girls, sensing their increasing distress. Suddenly, the floor near Yasmin and Charlotte lit up as the Pting travelled through the floors, closer to the anti-matter drive. Yasmin and Charlotte scrambled away from the highly deadly creature but kept their stazers ready.

"Stazers ready," Ronan spoke. The loud bangs were soon muted as if the Pting was travelling further away from them. Charlotte looked at her sister, her eyebrows furrowed deeply.

"The creature is toying with us," Ronan sneered. Charlotte scoffed.

"This is ridiculous," she snapped. There was complete silence before the Pting leapt out of the wall. She let out a shriek and used her stazer on the creature just as Yasmin and Ronan did. The creature collapsed on the ground, the power of three stazers working their magic. Yasmin grabbed the blanket and wrapped the Pting in it. It seemed even the stazers couldn't completely stun the Pting as it wriggled around in her arms.

"I'll get it as far away from the drive as I can!" Yasmin exclaimed.

"Be fast! The stun power only lasts a few seconds," Ronan informed her, ushering her out of the room. He and Charlotte stared at each other, both at a loss for words at what just happened.

"I'm not built for this," Charlotte breathed out, leaning up against the wall. When her sister returned, she was empty-handed. 

"How far?" Charlotte asked her.

"Far enough," Yasmin replied.

The doors opened, causing Yasmin, Ronan, and Charlotte to point their stazers at whoever or whatever entered. Charlotte slumped in relief as she saw that it was just the Doctor.

"It's me, I'm not a Pting!" the Timelady rushed out.

"It was here," Yasmin informed her. "I got rid of it! But it will be coming back."

"What is the situation elsewhere?" Ronan asked.

"Eve's piloting the ship," the Doctor answered. "Durkas is maintaining controls and signals. You're guarding the particle accelerator." The ship shook wildly, nearly sending all four of them to the ground. "Mabli, Graham, and Ryan are presumably delivering Yoss' baby, and the bomb's going to detonate. I'm just going to move it away from this room. Mind helping, baubles?"

Charlotte nodded, walking to the Doctor's side. Miraculously, the Timelady's sonic was working once more as she pulled it out of her coat.

"Clever sonic!" she gasped. "Self-rebooting." She pointed the sonic at the anti-matter drive.

"There's a bomb in this room?" Ronan enquired.