✯ N i n e ✯

The Woman Who Fell to Earth (Part 5)
2018
I started writing book two and haven't even finished this book, oof—
______________

The Doctor and the humans ran into the site, looking down at the dead body of Dennis—the old man Charlotte saw before. Karl was speaking to him on a walkie-talkie, telling him that there was someone climbing up his crane. The Doctor crouched down and picked the walkie-talkie up before she stood up again.

"Oh, great. Karl's a crane operator. He would be, wouldn't he?" she sighed. Ryan looked over at a crane and widened his eyes.

"It's over there," he stated. "He's making Charlotte climb the crane with him."

"That creature's guarding the bottom of it," Graham said.

"Graham, Grace, I need you to take this equipment and get everybody off this site," the Doctor instructed the couple. "Don't care how; use your initiative. Do not come back in, understand?"

Graham and Grace nodded before the Doctor continued, "Ryan, Yaz, how are you with machinery...and heights?"
______________

"Oi! Karl from the train!" Charlotte heard the Doctor yell. She sighed deeply, relieved to hear the woman's voice. With Tzim-Sha below her as a constant reminder to keep moving, she had to actively stop her mind from drifting to the thought of her tooth in his face.

"Up and over! Up and over!" the Doctor yelled to Karl. "Charlotte?!"

"Yes?!" Charlotte yelled in reply, hearing a grunt from Tzim-Sha.

"Keep climbing! When you get to the operator's cabin, head in the direction Karl went in and run across the crane's arm! Karl, open the cabin's door!"

"Got it!" Charlotte sped up, trying to put as much distance between Tzim-Sha and herself. She smiled victoriously when she reached the cabin and she didn't waste any time getting in. Quickly, she slammed the door shut behind her and continued to the roof of the cabin.

Charlotte started making her way across the arm and froze when she realised just how high up she was. She tried not to panic too much. "Way too high," she squeaked. She went to take a step forward, but stopped when she felt something grab her wrist. It was cold, like stone.

Charlotte turned around swiftly and came face-to-face with a statue of an angel once more. It was snarling at her, looking like it was ready to take a bite out of her neck. She let out a breath, shutting her eyes. It was just a trick her eyes were playing on her. When she opened them, the statue was gone but it was all for nothing as Tzim-Sha had reached her and grabbed her arm. Why was everything out to get her?

"Where's Charlotte?" Charlotte heard the Doctor ask Karl, who was at the end of the arm. He looked at Charlotte, then back at the Doctor.

"That thing's got her!" he answered and Charlotte heard the Doctor let out a frustrated yell.

"Just when I think I've got her!" the Doctor exclaimed and let out a cry of shock when the crane arm she was standing on stopped abruptly. It wasn't even in line with Karl's crane.

"How am I supposed to get across there now?" Karl asked the Doctor.

"When I said 'step', obviously, I meant jump. Jump across!"