✯ F o u r ✯

Meeting the Twelfth Doctor
2016
Next chapter is where Charlotte meets thirteen! Thank you for reading xoxo
________________________

Three years had passed and Charlotte Khan was twenty. When she was eighteen, she had released a song called "Only Told The Moon" since she wanted to become a singer. It had been her passion ever since she was little. What surprised her was when that very song she released was number one in the UK. Her very first song was an absolute hit.

The three years had been a quiet three years for Charlotte, surprisingly. Her song was popular, people recognised her on the streets, but that was it. She didn't even get swarmed (luckily). Although, she regretted releasing the song despite it being so loved where she lived.

She'd met the Doctor three times and spent time with for only a few hours, but ever since he'd done something as simple as creating a bedroom for her in the TARDIS, she saw him differently. Like all singers and songwriters do, they write about their feelings and what's going on in their minds. That's what she did with her song.

Charlotte didn't feel any romantic feelings towards the Doctor but he became something more than just a friend to her. He became someone she knew she could trust with anything and everything.

"I keep listening to your song, Charlie, and I keep wondering who this special guy is," Yasmin said as they sat at the dining table together, drinking tea.

"Oh, he's very special. One of a kind," Charlotte replied. It was 10:00pm on Christmas Eve. "I haven't seen him in a few years, but he always turns up eventually."

"He kinda sounds like a jerk," Yasmin said slowly and Charlotte giggled.

"He's more of an idiot than a jerk. He's always somewhere else—can't seem to stay in one spot. It's alright though. I like listening to his journeys once he comes back. He's a wonderful friend."

"Oh, really?" Yasmin said suggestively with a smirk on her face. Charlotte gave her an uncomfortable look. She knew what she was insinuating.

"Oh, I don't really...like him that way," she said hesitantly. She didn't really want to mention that she didn't like most men at all that way. She was bisexual but she had more interest in women than men. Women were just a gender she found herself more attracted to.

Just when she finished that sentence, she heard the whirs of the TARDIS outside. Charlotte mentally thanked the Doctor for saving her from the uncomfortable talk she was having. She had no idea what she would've done if he hadn't shown up. She probably would've died of embarrassment.

"I forgot to buy a cake for Quinn. It's her birthday tomorrow," Charlotte lied. She even lied about knowing a girl called Quinn. She stood up and smiled apologetically at her sister. "I'll be back in half an hour, Yazzie."

"I might head to bed anyway," Yasmin said. "It's late."

"Okay. Night, Yasmin."

Charlotte slipped on her jacket and boots before she grabbed her car keys to make it actually seem like she was going to the supermarket. She waved goodbye to Yasmin before she shut the door behind her and walked to the TARDIS, excited to see Clara and the Doctor once again.

Charlotte opened the TARDIS door and shut it behind her once she walked inside. She slumped when she an overly grumpy looking old man. "Great, now I have to call you grumpy. Where's Clara?"