✯ F o u r t e e n ✯

Rosa (Part 2)
1955
WHOO! I UPDATED!
Also, can you guys remember your dreams? If you can, have you ever had the same dream more than once?
_______________

"I'm sick of this place already," Ryan said and Charlotte nodded.

"Me too. Not exactly getting the warm welcome vibes I expected," she said, sighing lightly.

"I know," Yasmin said. "To be here just as history is taking place."

"This ain't history here, Yaz. We're hiding behind bins," Ryan said grumpily.

"Not what I wanted to happen," Charlotte pouted, propping her head on her hand.

"I'm having to work so hard to keep my temper, every second here. I could have slapped that guy back there as soon as we arrived. Thank God, my nan taught me how to keep my temper. Never give them the excuse," Ryan continued.

"Yep. My Dad tells me the same," Yasmin said.

"Yeah, see. It's not like Rosa Parks wipes out racism from the world forever. Otherwise, how come I get stopped way more by the police than my white mates?"

"Oi, not this police."

"Don't you get any hassle?"

"Of course, I do. Especially on the job. I get called a Paki when I'm sorting out a domestic or a terrorist on the way home from the mosque."

"Everyone gets hate for something, Ryan. Some just get more hate than others and some spread that hate," Charlotte said.

"Yeah, exactly," Ryan responded.

"But they don't win, those people. I can be a police officer now because people like Rosa Parks fought those battles for me. For us. And in fifty-three years they'll have a black president as leader. Who knows where they'll be fifty years after that? That's proper change," Yasmin explained, earning a chuckle from Ryan. "What?"

"Were you born this positive?" he asked her and Charlotte snorted.

"You should see her try to resolve me and Sonya's fights. She was born with optimism—got that from Nani," Charlotte said. They all laughed quietly.

"Yaz? Ryan? Charlie?" Graham called lowly and the trio looked at each other before they climbed back through the window and into the motel room.
________________

"Where were we?" the Doctor said after using her sonic screwdriver to reveal the writing on the wall. She wasn't kidding: it really was a special pen. "We need to get as much intel as we can get. If we're gonna protect Rosa, we need to know the facts of her life. Home address. Daily routine. Where she works. The route she takes and the church she attends. Also, the name of the driver she refused."

"I know that. It's James Blake," Graham spoke.

"How do you know that?" Ryan asked him.

"Well, your nan when she found out I was a bus driver, said to me, 'you better not be like James Blake'. Blake the snake. That's what she called him. And I had to ask her who he was, and she just said he gave all bus drivers a bad name."