✯ T w e n t y - O n e ✯

Arachnids in the UK (Part Three)
2018
_________________
UNEDITED!

"We just passed the entrance to the back of the spa. We should be here now," Najia informed everyone, holding a map of the grounds in her hands. Everyone who was with the Doctor were travelling to the mining tunnels.

"You're not going down there. It's too dangerous," Jack ordered and Charlotte scoffed, not going to listen to a single thing he said to them.

"I eat danger for breakfast," the Doctor retorted before she turned to Yasmin. "I don't. I prefer cereal. Or croissants. Or those little fried Portuguese...Never mind, it's not important." Charlotte smiled, making a mental note of the foods she listed. For what reason, she didn't know, but she felt like she'd need that information one day.

"Ha! See?" Jack cried, running ahead of the group to motion to a door that had a sign that said, 'keep out danger of death'. "Look at this! Keep out, danger of death," he read out. "You are not authorised to be in here!" The Doctor just brought out her sonic screwdriver and soniced the doors.

"Whatever, man," Charlotte replied, pushing the doors open and walking through without another thought. "Maybe if you told us to go for it, I would've not, but now that you're telling us not to go for it, all I wanna do is fulfill my death wish."

"Baubles!" the Doctor exclaimed, running after the girl. "If you kill yourself, I will never forgive you!"

"Doctor, I need to speak to you!" Jade called and Charlotte made a noise of confusion.

"How the fuck did you find us?" she blurted out, getting whacked on the back of the head by the Doctor, who was less than pleased after hearing her language.

"We need to do it as we walk. There's something behind this door people want to keep locked away," the Doctor said before she continued walking with Charlotte.

"Oh, sure, it's a party. Everybody can come," Jack said sarcastically, following with Jade.

"Wouldn't it be funny if we died?" Charlotte said randomly. The Doctor blanched at the thought of seeing any of her companions die again.

"Charlotte Khan!" the Doctor yelled, whacking Charlotte on the back of the head once more. "Don't you ever bring up death again for the rest of the day, got it?" Charlotte nodded to show that she understood, rubbing the back of her head.

"Ouch," she said, but the Doctor just gave her a look.

"Doctor, I've seen these spiders before," Jade said, catching up with the Doctor and Charlotte. While the Time Lady discussed the spiders with Jade, Charlotte helped Yasmin find the lights.

"Nice work, Yaz, Baubles," the Doctor praised the Khan sisters.

"No, not nice work. None of you are allowed down here," Jack snapped.

"Are all your hotels built on repurposed sites?" the Doctor asked him, ignoring his previous comment about not being allowed to walk in the mines. It seemed like he was just repeating himself though, so it was getting old.

"Well, that's the business!" Jack exclaimed, getting annoyed. "I mean, every city in the world, big or small, has an area that they want repurposed. Maybe it's not too pretty. Maybe it's never been used. Maybe it's an industry that's died. We go in and we help them figure it out. We get a good deal, but we give them world-class facilities. It's a win for everybody!"