j.o

in which, you and jenna bake cookies late at night

"y/n!" jenna whisper yelled, smacking you in the arm. you pouted, but it turned into a smile when jenna huffed, turning to face away from you while she stirred the dough.

you were currently at jenna's parents, because you were spending christmas with her family. at first, you were extremely worried to meet them, but they were all very nice, and they seemed to like you a lot.

at almost 2am, you had proposed the idea of making christmas cookies, which jenna immediately accepted. the only problem was, the two of you were having a hard time being quiet. you werent sure if it was because you were a total simp, or just exhausted, but it seemed like everything jenna said made you laugh. the same went for her. you had to cover her mouth multiple times to stop her from bursting out laughing.

you rolled your eyes, coming up behind jenna to hug her. you rest your head on her shoulder, your hands snaking around her waist. you watched with a tired smile as she stirred the cookie dough.

you started to get bored watching though, and you began peppering kisses against the back of her neck, and shoulder. she giggled a few times, the feeling of your lips making her skin tingle.

when she finished making the dough, the two of you began forming circles with it. jenna laughed at a few of yours, whispering about how they looked like ovals. when you finished, you put the tray into the oven and smiled, looking over at jenna.

"you got a little something," you mumbled, wiping at some flour that had gotten onto her cheek. she smiled tiredly, gently pushing your hand away.

"stop it," she whined, holding a hand up to cover her face, which was beginning to turn red. "don't even look at me."

you chuckled, pressing a kiss to her temple. the two of you stayed in the kitchen like that, enjoying each others presence while you waited patiently for your cookies to finish.

when the timer went off, jenna gasped, slapping a hand to her mouth. you quickly turned it off, looking over at her with wide eyes. the two of you burst out laughing, covering your mouths to muffle the noise. when the laughter died down, you sighed, wiping at a few stray tears.

grabbing an oven mitt, you carefully took the tray out, setting it on top of the stove. you licked your lips, reaching to grab a cookie but jenna smacked your hand away. "y/n, they literally just came out. they're hot."

your groaned quietly, throwing your head back. she chuckled, beginning to take out frosting and sprinkles.

"i'm a terrible decorator, by the way," you spoke, looking at all the different sprinkles she had. "ooh! look at these! they've got snowflakes."

when the cookies cooled down, the two of you began decorating. you tried to make a christmas tree, but it began to look more like a green blob. you glanced over at jenna's cookie, but when you saw it, you practically gasped.

"are you- what- that's amazing!" you complained, gesturing to her cookie with your hand. she had made a snowman, and you were in shock at how clean the frosting looked.

she smiled, leaning up to press a kiss to your cheek. "thank you, baby."

you scoffed, taking a different cookie to decorate. by the time the two of you were finished it was past 4am, and there were two sides to the tray. one filled with perfectly decorated cookies, some that could probably be seen on a baking show or something. and the other side was filled with cookies that you'd find in a dumpster.

jenna sighed, leaning against the counter. "that was exhausting. remind me never to bake with you again, please." she smiled innocently.

you rolled your eyes, waving your hand to shrug her off. "what are you even talking about? i did, like, all of this!" you gestured to the cookies.

she nodded with a tired grin, wrapping her arms around your neck. "oh, yeah, totally. come on. i'm tired."

"fine. let me just get a cookie first." you kissed her gently, then picked up one of your cookies. you smiled happily when you bit into it.

the two of you froze when you heard sudden footsteps entering the kitchen.

jenna's sister, aliyah, walked into the kitchen. she had a blanket, wrapped loosely around her shoulders, and she was rubbing at her eyes. "guys. stop being so loud," she whined, huffing quietly. "go to sleep, already."

"we're gonna. we made cookies."

aliyah reached for a cookie, before turning around and stumbling back towards her room.

you chuckled, looking over at jenna. "c'mon. let's go to sleep. i'm exhausted."

"oh, yeah, i would be too if was you. you worked so hard." she teased, taking your hand and walking towards her room.

the two of you changed into pajamas, and laid down, jenna resting her head against your chest.

"they were pretty good though." you mumbled tiredly, your eyes already shut.

she hummed, nodding. "i bet."