t.c

in which, you get drunk at a party, and make a few stupid decisions

it's almost summer! so, i'll hopefully be updating more often. i wrote this chapter a while ago, but then i wrote something else and they're super similar so i wasn't gonna post this one but idc anymore lol i just wanted to post something

just watched across the spider-verse (it was amazing ofc) and now i wanna make a spider-man!reader chapter 😭😭

the house was damp with sweat, and the smell of alcohol stung at your nose. you stumbled through the crowds of people dancing, a red cup held tightly in your hand.

you hadn't wanted to come to this party. you only went because tara had asked you, and how could you say no to her?

you started to regret it though, because you couldn't find her anywhere, and several people had already spilled their drinks on you.

when you entered the living room, you saw mindy and anika sitting together on the couch. they waved you over, and you took a seat next to them.

"there you are, we were just talking about you!" mindy called out over the music. "you haven't drank too much, have you?"

you grinned, shrugging. "only a little." that was a lie though. you refilled your cup way too many times during the past hour you had been there. mindy chuckled in response, nodding her head slowly. she could smell the alcohol on your breath.

you got pulled up to dance at one point, by a girl in one of your classes. she was pretty, but, each time she was facing away, you found yourself looking for tara.

this girl was drunk, it was obvious. she had sweat dripping from her face, and neck, and the smell of vodka that was coming off of her was almost too much to bear. she turned around, grinding against you as she danced. your hands were on her hips, pulling her flush against your body. it was nice to relax, to let yourself have fun.

but then you felt a hand on your back, and tara was beside you, interrupting the girl whose name you couldn't be bothered to know. it was too loud, and your mind was too foggy to listen to their conversation. the girl scoffed, throwing your hands off her as she stormed away. tara grabbed your hand, and pulled you along she made her way to the kitchen.

"you weren't going to hook up with her or anything, were you?" she had a teasing smile as she stopped at the kitchen table to refill the cup in her hands. she glanced up at you, raising the cup to her lips.

you let out a small huff, annoyed she had interrupted you. "maybe. i don't know, she was pretty."

her smile faded, and she mumbled a quiet 'oh'. she took a large sip, one that you assumed had to have hurt her throat on the way down, and then she was filling it back up again.

"jesus, tara. what's wrong with you?" you grumbled, reaching forwards and snatching the bottle of alcohol out of her hands. she frowned, reaching for it, only for you to pull it away farther. she met your eyes then, but she gave no reply. "you never drink this much."

"god, y/n." she groaned, shaking her head. "you're so lame. i never should've invited you." you frowned, your hands dropping limp at your sides. even she looked surprised by her words, but when she made no move to apologize, you placed the bottle back on the table, and pushed past her, your shoulder hitting hers in the process.