What the Truck? (Spm 4)

IV.

"You're built like a truck," the Princess told her. Madoka had no idea what a truck was, so she thanked her. The Princess giggled and simply said she should loosen up. Again, she had no idea what that meant either. The Princess looked at her arms, then felt the maid's arms in the bath. "Your forearms and biceps are well toned. And your hands' grip muscles are incredible too. Do you know how difficult it is to wrangle out of your gorilla death grip, Madoka? Impossible!"

"I don't know what a gorilla is, Your Highness," Madoka moved her to the side. "But it sounds unpleasant."

"It is unpleasant!" the Princess complained. "It's not fair that I have these noodly arms."

"It's good to hear you in good health again, Your Highness," Madoka could not hide the sarcasm in her tone as she washed the princess's back. The Princess scoffed.

"Why do I feel like you miss me being sick," she whined again. "I could have died, Madoka! What then? Who would take care of me then!?"

Madoka smiled at the comment, though the Princess could not see her. After some scrubbing, the Princess spoke again, splashing the water in disgust.

"I wish this water was warmer, if only Father would let me learn how to control magic. I could heat it up right this instant!"

Madoka sighed. She didn't even consider that as a possibility. She was happy that she did not know how to use magic. She already caused enough trouble.

"Your Father knows what's best for your health, Your Highness," Madoka said, reassuring her. "He might let you learn later."

"Father tells me it's some kind of curse," Princess Fiara went on. "But those aren't a thing in this world, are they?"

"I am but a servant, Your Highness," Madoka spun her around and began to dry her off. The princess shivered, but eyed Madoka up and down. "You know I don't have any knowledge of the arcane."

"You are beautiful," she commented, distracted by Madoka.

Madoka's cheek felt warm for a moment, so she turned away, ashamed that the princess laid eyes on her. "You should save all those comments for a suitor."

"Boo!" The Princess pouted. Madoka could melt in her eyes, even though she's seen them before time and time again. Perhaps this is why she gets away with the troubles she causes in her Father's palace. "I don't want to! Nae waah!"

"What have I told you," Madoka said sternly. "You can't get out of your duties, Your Highness."

"But what if I could?" The princess's face flashed with an odd sorrow. "What if everything changes?"

"Your Highness?"

"It's nothing."