Boss's Second Phase?! (Winter 6)

VI.

"It looks like it ain't dead yet," Audrey said as she got up.

The two both sighed collectively. Madoka barely had time to retrieve her axe before a familiar and terrifying feeling overwhelmed her senses. Audrey felt it as well this time, tensing up. Madoka was running thin on weaponry. She realized the bow she had was shattered and the axe looked like it was on the verge of breaking after cleaving that wing.

"Say," Madoka mused as they attempted to scramble away from the pulling sensation. The pressure was beginning to overwhelm the entire cliff side.

"Huh?"

"Nevermind," Madoka said. Obviously she cut the beast's wing off but getting it in the storage portal seemed like an ordeal.

"I already stored the wing, Madoka," Audrey sighed. She could read her thoughts like an open book.

"Really?" Madoka asked. Her excitement was cut short by a large cracking sound. The two looked at each other. "Uh oh."

The ground quaked and began to descend towards whatever was causing that terrifying pressure. The two tried to scramble up the falling cliff but it was too late. Madoka slid downward and saw a gaping violet and black portal hovering in the depths where the dragon fell. Was it summoning that?

"Madoka!" Audrey screamed. Madoka felt herself being absorbed into the portal. She held tightly onto the cliff side but it was useless. The crack further up shattered and the girls plummeted down to the portal.

This feeling...! Madoka realized that she felt this way falling into the Conqueror's eye. Was the dragon pulling them into itself? Wind and ice splashed her face and she gritted her teeth. They were going to find out soon, she thought as a wave of nausea overtook her and her vision streamed into blackness.

No, she refused to shutdown now.

Though, she felt like she was being forced through a tight tunnel. Her persistence struggled as whatever had its pull on the maid released shortly after. Madoka crashed on solid ground. Something sent prickles on her skin, making her sit up. Wild grass? She glanced around, unsure of this unknown territory she was forced into.

It was only when she glanced to the sky that she noticed it. The sun itself was black, glowing with a malevolent purple that cast its sinister light over the land in this world. No sign of the dragon or whatever summoned that portal anywhere near her. There were ruins of destroyed castle walls near her but even closer someone lay face first in the dirt.

"Audrey!" Madoka crawled over. The ominous glow shadowed over everything, flickering with pale white flashes as the black sun through its weight on everyone. She pushed the body over and screamed. A skull faced her, crumbling to dust under the atmosphere's oppressive aura.

"Here!" Audrey's voice called out. Madoka shuddered after she peaked at more skeletons lying in what appeared to be a field between the castle ruins. "Hurry!"

She did not have to hear Audrey's urges twice. Madoka found her huddling in a sunken rampart. Weapons were strewn about on the ground but they did not seem suitable for use at first glance.

"W-Where are we?" Madoka asked but Audrey pointed out an opening.

"Beats me," Audrey shrugged. "Some kind of magic shenanigans is happening in this place. Gravity's all twisted up at the edge over there. You see that?"

Madoka followed her finger out to what appeared to be a battlefield engulfed by the lurid purple and black light of the "sun." As Madoka looked around she could see the land become twisted and distorted at its borders. Trees, rocks and even some of the castles threatened to collapse into the depths. However; they did not sink below into whatever void was beyond it but instead they floated off into the heavens like they were falling upward. This place was evil. The hateful sun simply floated in the sky and beckoned the destroyed terrain into its maw.