Another Follow Up Interview (Spring 5)

V.

"Madokaaaa," Audrey's voice pierced Madoka's ears. She was stirred slowly, fettered by crumbs of sleep. Or so she thought. That annoying voice crossed through the veil of whatever dream she had. Her eyes were closed in blackness — a darkness she wished to be enveloped in for awhile. "Wake up!"

"N-No fireballs!" Madoka sat up. Her body collided with another and the sound of a light thud landed on the floorboards.

"Ow," came the annoying voice from beneath her bed. Then a short giggle sung to mostly itself but Madoka was awake now. Her hand missed her sword's grip and hit a blanket instead. The sword's jeweled sheath reflected small beams of moonlight off of them. It was still night but she was not surrounded by snow and trees for once. Madoka felt herself all over and was relieved that her clothes were clean and legs were dry. Audrey's eyes peered from between the maid's feet.

"Is it morning already?" Madoka asked. Audrey shook her head and raised her hand which glowed like the stars above. "N-No fireballs!"

"Relax, Madoka. Not all of my magic is used to blow stuff up," Audrey teased. Her hand let out a small wisp of green light within a water bubble. Madoka was mesmerized by the strange magic. The green mana sphere swayed like a pendulum until it stopped at a certain spot in the bubble. Audrey sighed, her eyes illuminated by the magic and stars of the night. "Mornin's in five hours."

"A... clock?" Madoka looked at the bubble.

"Eh, not really. Took me years to get it right, but if I let my mana loosen up like this within a system like a bubble, it moves in relation to the orbit of this... nevermind, nevermind! You okay, Madoka?"

"Me? I think so?" Madoka looked at her hands and skin. No wounds. Just the scars from her long journey here looked back up at her. A tear dropped on her palm.

"You were crying in your sleep," Audrey went on. "I woke you up in case you had a bad dream."

"I guess so," Madoka started to lay back down. She could not remember the dream anyways, but assumed the worst. She felt warmth crawling by her side. "A-Audrey?"

Audrey's frame was shorter than Madoka's. She was surprised to find that they were no longer around the same height. She has gotten tall but Madoka was taller. Audrey did not try to grab her but instead spoke into her shoulder.

"Winter's over, Madoka," Audrey's soft voice mumbled. Madoka missed this feeling a lot. More than the bed's comfort itself — she missed the nights they shared together in the Estate.

"Mm," the red haired maid stared upward at the twin moons. Their hellish winter was truly over.

The princess fit comfortably under Madoka's arm and her soft body was warmer than even the blankets. A snore escaped her mouth as the beautiful mana orb disappeared. The maid soon fell back to sleep with no more bad dreams to cry over.

Madoka woke up first, as she always had. The sky was turning to a grey hue with no sign of the sun. Her sleeping princess was curled up into a ball beside her so she simply stretched and yawned, not caring if her hands bumped into Audrey.

"Wha," Audrey squeaked as Madoka yawned an even bigger yawn.

"It's time to get up, princess," Madoka said although her own voice was groggy. She wanted to sink back into the blanket's rough textured waves into another dream world. One with her. She shook the idle thoughts quickly, slipping on the trousers and garb she's worn for awhile now. They had work to do.