Nene Kusanagi x Fem!Reader

"Uhh, Rui? Are you sure this is safe?" I asked. "I don't know. That's why you're my test dummy." He smirked at my now nervous face. "I feel so loved right now." I said sarcastically. "Alright. I'll light up the rocket backpack and you'll be flying in no time!" Rui pulled out a box of matches and started flicking one of the matches against the hard surface. "And be sure to hold on tight." The flame finally lit and he slowly stretched his hand to the rope attached to the rocket.

"Rui! Stop it!" A familiar voice called out. "Nene! My hero!" I sighed. I finally let out a breathe that I have been holding in. Rui blew out the match and turned to Nene. "Stop trying to use humans as your test dummies." Nene said. Despite her soft and calm voice, she was very angry at Rui. "But then how are we supposed to get the rocket backpack to work?" "Stop torturing Y/N!" Nene rolled her eyes. Nene walked over to me and took off the backpack.

Rui rolled his eyes and chuckled at us. He grabbed the backpack and walked away. Nene took my arm and dragged me away. "You shouldn't let Rui force you to do those things." "You make it seem like Rui was trying to kill me in an alleyway." I chuckled.

Nene sighed and looked around. She turned back to me and smiled. "Let's go get ice cream!" Nene exclaimed. I nodded and let her drag me to the ice cream truck. We both ordered our favorite flavors and walked to a nearby bench. "So, I wanted to tell you this sooner but.." Nene started. "I have a crush on you. Can we be more than friends?" She mumbled. I tightly hugged her and almost made her drop her ice cream. "You are so cute! Of course!" I kissed Nene's cheek and sat back down. Nene smiled at me and touched the cheek that I kissed.