Rui x NB!Reader (Req)

Soulmate Au/explanation:
The world is completely grayscale. You can only see colors once you meet your soulmate.

L/N = Last Name
F/N = Friend Name

Disclaimer: Kind of angst?

~•~•~

"Hey F/N? What do colors look like?" Y/N grinned at their friend. "Hmm...bright." F/N said while giggling. "Yeah, real helpful." Y/N rolled their eyes as they looked up at the grey sky. "We've been trying for months now but I still haven't seen my soulmate..."

"Don't worry Y/N you'll find them eventually."
F/N pat their back. Suddenly F/N pulled Y/N up by grabbed their arm. "Let's go to random places to see who we can find!" "Ew I don't want to go anywhere." Y/N groaned and tried to lay back down on the grass. "Then you'll never get to see the sunsets with me!"

"I might as well just give up." Y/N grumbled as they rolled on the grass. "Then I guess you won't find your soulmate either." F/N shrugged. Y/N immediately sat up. "No! I want to see my soulmate." Y/N crossed their arms.

"Then get up and follow me!" F/N already started running off. "Wait up!" Y/N started to chase F/N while dusting off their grass stained clothes. The two ran into random directions, trying to find a place with lots of people. "That looks like a good place to go!" F/N pointed at an amusement park called 'Phoenix Wonderland'.

"Yeah let's hurry!" Y/N pushed their friend into the amusement park. "Look around and see who catches your eye! Or at least someone that can brighten up your day! Get it? Because you'd be able to see color!" F/N said quickly, ruining the entire joke. Y/N put their hand over F/N's mouth to shut them up. "I get it."

Despite looking around the park for at least an hour Y/N couldn't find their significant other. Phoenix Wonderland was now closing. Y/N sighed as they walked out of the amusement park, a little disappointed that all of their efforts were for nothing.

"Cheer up Y/N! You'll find them even-" F/N was cut off by Y/N walking off without a word. "Y/N are you okay?" F/N called out as they stared at their friend leaving with even waving at them.

Y/N had tears forming in their eyes as they sped walked to the route to their house. Their breath hitched as they felt a tear fall down their face. They stopped walking as more tears streamed down their face. Y/N sniffled and desperately tried to wipe away their tears.

"Are you alright there?" Y/N noticed someone standing right in front of them, and they were close since Y/N noticed their shoes in the corners of their eyes. Y/N quickly looked up and stopped back after seeing a tall male with uneven purple hair.

Wait, purple? Y/N's eyes widen after seeing the male smile warmly at them. The male tilted his head and opened his mouth to speak again. "Hello. Nice to meet you. I'm-" "You're my soulmate!" The male chuckled.

"As I was about to say, my name is Rui Kamishiro." The male held his hand out. "Y/N. Y/N L/N." They shook his hand. Y/N smiled widely at seeing his bright and unique clothes. "Colors." Y/N muttered under their breath. "Yes. Colors." Rui said in a teasing tone. Y/N chuckled and wrapped their arms around him. "I like colors."