Chapter 28

I rolled my eyes as my book fell from my locker. It will be really hard for me to take it since I got that surgery. I tried to back down but the stitching feel hurts. I tried to grab it using my feet but I couldn't.

Suddenly someone grabbed my book. I turned my face and it was Sam. "Thank you, Sam." I smiled at him and took my book and put it in my locker.

"You're welcome." Sam smiled back at me. "So.. welcome back to school. Spent two weeks in that hospital huh."

"And it sucked." I chuckled. "But now, I'm feeling a lot better although the stitch still hurts sometimes."

"I know that. Right after I transferred here, I got my shoulder broken." Sam said to me.

"So... was that something that you want to tell me when I was in the hospital? You never come since that day." I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Because your boyfriend was there." Sam simply answered.

"Tanner isn't my boyfriend. We broke up before I was hospitalized."

"But your father said that he is your future husband." Sam chuckled. "I mean, of course, a billionaire wants his daughter to marry a son of a billionaire too."

"Sam, don't listen to that. My dad was bluffing." I rolled my eyes.

"Was he? Have you seen yourself, B? You are the daughter of Anderson's empire. Your mom and your big brother are Hollywood celebrities. Who doesn't know them? Your father has multiple five-stars hotel around the world. You can easily go anywhere by private jet. We watched the Knicks game from the TV but Blaine went to New York only to watch that game."

"Are you okay?" I frowned at him.

"B, your father never greet or even just smile at me. He knows that I'm not the right one for you."

"But he took Evan to watch the Lakers game with us that time."

"Maybe because Evan is so much smarter than me." Sam shrugged.

"Sam... I want to be with you. That's all I'm saying." I said to him and took his hand.

"I can't do that." Sam shook his head and slowly pulled my hand away and walked away.

I looked down and leaned my back against my locker. Why is Sam being like that? I don't care how much money he has. All I care about is only me being his girlfriend, that's all.

"Hey, welcome back to school." Evan walked over to me and smiled at me.

"I thought that you were going to be mad at me because I bailed and you lose against Blaine. I'm so sorry." I half smiled at him.

"It's okay, B. I realized that now I can't always get what I want." Evan said to me. "So, have you talked to Sam?"

"Yeah... he rejected me." I simply nodded as we walked together in the hallways.

"Is it because your dad called Tanner his future son-in-law in front of him that time in the hospital?"

"I guess..." I sighed.

"Sam told me that and his insecurities bring him down like the time we went to Italy." Evan simply said.

"But I don't care about all of those. All that matter is I want to be with him."

"B, guys like us who have nothing can be easily insecure and decide to back off when we know how rich your parents are. We are afraid that we can't make you happy as your parents do." Evan explained.

"I never realize that."

"Now, you do." Evan simply said. "I'll see you around." Evan smiled at me and walked away.