Chapter 31

I let out a sigh when I saw Sam standing in front of his locker. I brave myself up and walked over to him. "Hey..." I half smiled at him.

"Hey, how's your dad?" Sam turned his face at me.

"He's in recovery now," I answered. "Sam, there's something I want to talk about. We haven't talked since that time in the hotel. You never answered my text or my call."

"I'm just scared to text you or call you. I don't want to make anything get worse." Sam said to me.

"Sam, do you know that I love you so much right? Do you know that you make me really happy? But I can't be with you anymore." I looked down. "I love you but I love my dad more. That time when I made him get a heart attack, I felt so guilty even until now. I wouldn't want to forgive myself if something bad happen to him. Now, I understand that he is in recovery but seeing him in the hospital makes me realize that we don't know how long we're gonna live so maybe it's time for me to make him proud and make him happy."

"I understand." Sam nodded. "I back off. As you said, family is more important than everything. Please don't be mad at your dad or anything because I'm sure that he just wanted what's best for you." Sam half smiled at me.

"But at least can we be friends?" I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Of course. We always are." Sam smiled at me. "Come on, give me a hug."

I smiled back at him and hugged him. "Thank you for being such a good friend."

Sam chuckled and shut his locker. "Let's go to the choir room. I heard that the graduates are here."

"Oh, what are they doing here exactly?" I frowned and shrugged as we walked into the choir room and Sam was right. I sat down on the backseat next to Blaine and put my arm around his chair. "Your hair gel was too much."

"Did I ask for your opinion?" Blaine glared at me.

"Blaine is in period." I rolled my eyes.

"All right, do you realize, standing before you are legends?" Finn said to us as he pointed to the these graduates. "Any single one of these guys could be. President of the United States one day."

"I don't know about that." Artie mumbled.

"And lucky for us, they've agreed to help us..."

"Hang with the new chumps and see if some of our sheer awesomeness doesn't rub off on you. It will." Puck said it proudly.

"When you hear your name, pair up. Puck, you're with your brother. Mike, you're with Ryder. Marley, you're with Santana. Kitty, you're with Quinn. Wade, Mercedes. Now, your mentors are here to help you with whatever you need: Singing, dancing..."

"Birth control." Quinn added.

"You're so funny and self-deprecating!" Kitty chuckled and looking at Quinn. "We're so much alike!" Kitty grinned at us.

"Wanky." Santana chuckled.

"The worst mistake that we can make is to underestimate our competition. The Warblers are ruthless this year." Finn said to us.

"Don't forget about the Rosedale Mennonites. Any show choir that can raise a barn in five minutes deserves mad respect." Artie added.

"Marley and Blaine will handle our duet, and for the showstopper we're doing "Gangnam Style"." Finn said to us excitedly.

"Okay, lumps, let me just say out loud what everyone here is thinking: You finally got an okay haircut, you're not doing that annoying half smirk as much as you used to, but you're still a idiot. No one in this room can tackle a massive dance number except for Brit. That includes your little "Hand-Jive" that, to me, looked more like hand..." Santana rolled her eyes.