Episode 2: A New Discovery

The journey is beginning and who knows what awaits Red, Blue, and Leaf as they leave Pallet Town

The journey is beginning and who knows what awaits Red, Blue, and Leaf as they leave Pallet Town. While walking into the forest...

"Hey Red, Leaf, do you think we will find any information on our real family?" Blue asks his friends.

Red and Leaf shrug.

"I don't know Blue, I don't know", Red answers.

"Well, I don't want to know", said Blue. "I don't want to know if I am related to ...".

"WE GET IT", Red and Leaf shout at him.

Red now takes over the conversation.

"Do you all remember how we met?" he asks them.

"Heck yeah", said Blue. "We all came from an orphanage in Saffron City".

"Of course," said Leaf. "I believe we were all about four years old when we met".

"Anyone remember the sandbox?", Red asked them.

"Oh yeah," said Blue and Leaf.

It is true. Red, Blue, and Leaf met each other in a sandbox at the orphanage playground. When they were four years old, Red was building a sand castle and Leaf joined in. They then introduce themselves to each other and start building. Suddenly Blue comes over and smashes their castles with his feet. As Blue stood there laughing, Leaf started to cry. Red then became furious and jumped at Blue, followed by Leaf to join Red to beat up Blue. Despite being outnumbered, Blue was able to hold them off. However, Ms. Ariel Wiggles, the orphanage director, notices them and breaks up the fight. She then walks over and brings the three toddlers inside. Once inside, Ms. Wiggles reprimands them for the fighting. In addition to scolding them for misbehavior, Ms. Wiggles punishes them by putting them in "solitary confinement" during recess, which are several dark lonely closets with a window where they are forced to watch the other kids enjoy recess without them. Ms. Wiggles also had them clean up the kitchen and orphanage as further punishment for several days during only inside times. Blue begins to feel bad and tries to apologize but Red and Leaf would not hear of it. After their punishment was over, Blue goes back to the sandbox and builds a larger sand castle for them. Red and Leaf notice this and they finally forgive Blue. Red and Leaf go join Blue in the sandbox. Then an older, bigger orphan comes over, stomps on Blue's sand castle, and mocks them for being small. Angered, Blue runs to Ms. Wiggles and tells on the orphan. Ms. Wiggles then comes over to them and takes the orphan away. Then the three kids start rebuilding their castle. After a whole week of playing and no fighting, Ms. Wiggles rewarded them with ice cream after seeing they've learned their lesson. Ever since, according to Ms. Wiggles, Red, Blue, and Leaf have been one of the most behaved children ever.

"Can you believe we met all because of a sand castle?", said Blue.

The three friends burst out laughing.

"I remember, two years later, we got adopted on the same day", said Red. "Didn't think we'd see each other again until we saw each other again in Pallet Town".