Episode 51: Prepare for Trouble

After a week of training and studying for the Kanto League Tournament with the Gym Leaders, which they are gone now, Red wakes up in the morning and gets up to get dressed and takes a shower. He then goes downstairs and finds Blue and Leaf sitting at the table. Delia walks in the kitchen, serves them breakfast and turns the TV on.

"We have a breaking news story to announce that the President of the Kanto Region has been assassinated", said the news lady.

Red, Blue, Leaf, and Delia shoot their eyes at the TV screen.

"While we don't know the assassins' motivations, the assassins committed suicide before investigators can get to them", said the news lady. "But investigators managed to trace them back to legendary Pokémon Trainer, Rainbow Dustman. He has been arrested this morning".

"What?", Red yelps.

"Rainbow Dustman is being charged for the assassination and a big number of crimes against of Pokémon", said the news lady.

The three trainer's mouths drop open.

"Vice President Alexander Giovanni was found locked in a room, tied and gagged", the news lady continues. "As the investigation continued, Giovanni is now declared a hero for attempting to stop them. According to him, he saw three suspicious people and reported them to the President but it was denied. He then tried to stop the assassins himself but the assassins tied him, gagged him, and locked him in a room. Now the President died in office, Giovanni is automatically sworn into office as the new President. This is what he has to say".

Red, Blue, and Leaf look at each other then back at the TV. Giovanni comes onto screen and with a microphone near his mouth.

"It greatly saddens me that a such a good man could do", said Giovanni

"It greatly saddens me that a such a good man could do", said Giovanni. "Even I was suspicious of him but no one believed me. Although I don't why, but I discovered the Kanto League was planning to take over the government by using powerful Pokemon they can find. I know most of you think highly of Rainbow Dustman but you must understand assassinated our beloved President and tried to fame me for it. He was terrible boss and...enemy of all Pokemon".

"Liar", Red yells.

"As my first official act as President", Giovanni continues. "I am taking control of the Kanto League and everything with it. It's time for the government to control the Kanto League as it should have been long ago. I plan on reshuffling everything Dustman has done, starting with the Gym Leaders. My sources tell me the current Gym Leaders were in cahoots with Dustman and they will be fired and replaced with my brand new ones. I am replacing the Elite Four, who are also in cahoots with Dustman too, with my Fearsome Four. There will also be a new requirement to be a Pokémon trainer which I will go over shortly".

Leaf covers her eyes for a moment.

"I tried to warn former Chairmen Dustman about the safety of wild and dangerous Pokemon and how we need to control them but he wouldn't listen", said Giovanni. "To maintain all safety and security to all Pokémon, all registered Pokémon Trainers must join the organization, Team Rocket, and take my personal new Gym Challenge and battle my Fearsome Four".