Episode 27: Erika

Red wakes up on a bed and sees Blue, Leaf, and a black haired woman with a magenta hairband in her hair

Red wakes up on a bed and sees Blue, Leaf, and a black haired woman with a magenta hairband in her hair. The woman is also wearing a white doctor's coat.

"He's okay, we are in the nick of time", said the woman. "Let's let him rest right now".

Red lays there wondering how he got there. Now he remembers. He, Blue, and Leaf went into a perfume shop. When they walked in there, he started having a shortness of breath and it got worse and worse. Next thing that they were with Leaf, who is purchasing her perfume products and suddenly, Red fell on the floor wheezing horrifically. Then he blacked out.

"Red, I diagnosed you and found out that you have asthma", said the woman. "The perfumes in the perfume shop triggered it".

Red knows what asthma is and it's not pretty to live with. He lays there and groans.

"What happened after I fell unconscious?", asked Red.

The woman speaks to him.

"While your friends were yelling for a doctor, I was also in the store too and talking with an employee," said the woman. "I heard people shouting, comotion, and people crowding around something. I went through the crowd to investigate and I found you on the floor suffocating. You were wheezing out of control and your face was pure white".

"She was shouting orders to get a medical cart to help her get you to her emergency room", said Blue.

"No effort, we carried you ourselves as fast as we could.", said Leaf. "Luckily, this place was down the street".

Blue and Leaf nod in agreement and the doctor comes in and comes out.

"If this happens again, here is a quick relief medicine", she said. "You are a very lucky boy to survive recently. I would like to schedule an appointment with you to make sure you are doing alright".

The doctor gives Red a small box, containing medicine.

"How long does he need to recover right now?" asked Leaf.

"Oh he should be fine right now", said the doctor, patting Red on the back and writing her paper work.

Red gets up and approaches the doctor.

Thank you so much," said Red. "By the way, what's your name?".

"My name is Erika", said the doctor. "It's very nice to meet you Red. Just to ensure your safety, would you mind telling me where you are planning on going next? Want to make sure you are being safe as you go forward".

"No not at all", said Red. "Blue, Leaf, and l are going to the Celadon City Gym to challenge the Gym Leader there".

Erika shoots him her head at them with surprise and then a small smile spreads across her face.

"You're in luck, I am the Gym Leader there", said Erika, looking at the computer.

Red, Blue, and Leaf respond with stunned looks and can hardly believe it.