Episode 30: Issues in the Family

As the four trainers enter Fuchsia City, they walk to the gym. Janine's anxiety increases as they walk closer and closer to the Gym.

"Who's the gym leader here? What type of Pokémon does he use?" asked Red, turning to his friends.

"Koga, he uses Poison type Pokémon", Janine speaks up.

"Is Koga good?", asked Blue.

Janine responds with an uncomfortable nod but says nothing more.

Leaf grabs Janine's hand and grasps it. They enter the gym and find a man with spiky black hair, wearing a dark ninja outfit and a red scarf. His outfit also has purple outlines and wearing gray protective bracers on his legs and brands on his wrist. The man looks like a ninja and is standing with a woman with very green hair and her attire consists of a female ninja-like outfit with pink and dark pink coloring. Seeing them, Janine quickly hides behind Red.

"Can I help you?" asked the man.

"Yes, are you Koga?", asked Red.

"I am", answers the man.

"Well we...three...would like to challenge you to a Pokémon match", said Red.

The green haired woman approaches them and notices Janine hiding behind Red.

"Three?...I think not", she sneers. "Looks like four to me".

The green haired woman grabs Janine by the hair and throws her right in front of Koga and she lands flat on her face. She looks up and horror dawns on her face. Koga's face turns from a calm to an angry disappointed look.

"Janine, my defective first born daughter, how dare you come back, why?", Koga asked angrily.

Red, Blue, and Leaf stand there in shock at what they heard. The Gym leader is Janine's father. Janine gets up and faces her father.

"B-b-because they wanted to come here, Father", Janine stutters, pointing to Red, Blue, and Leaf.

Koga looks at them with interest.

"Let me guess,'' begins Koga. "After I banished you from Fuchsia City, you went off to become a Pokémon trainer, now you come back with these individuals".

Janine nods and Red then speaks up.

"Wait, why did you banish her? What did she do wrong?" asked Red.

Koga looks at him and frowns.

"Janine is nothing but a disappointment, a failure, and a disgrace to my family", Koga declares. "She is my heir and I have trained my hardest with her and Janine never once succeeded. My little sister Aya here succeeded long ago. Janine's failing to live up to the family's expectations forced me to train my youngest daughter, Aimi, to succeed where Janine could not".

While hearing this, Janine suddenly stands there crying, looking humiliated.

"That is enough, aren't you being too hard on her?" asked Leaf.

"Girl, it is the way of the ninja to be hard on your students", said Aya.

"You shut up lady," Blue snaps. "For your information, Koga Kangaroo, your expectations are way too high. There is more discipline here than love and support. If Janine's struggling, you need to help her and support her, not slam her every time she fails. I know this because my grandfather is a renowned Pokemon professor and he teaches that to everyone is Pallet Town all the time. Right Red? Right Leaf?".

Red and Leaf nod to Blue in agreement. Janine bows at Blue for sticking up to her.

Koga and Aya stare at Blue with fury and anger but say nothing.