Episode 6: The Pink Pokemon

"Well, my work here is done", said Rainbow.

"Thanks Rainbow I feel like a Pokemon Trainer already", said Red.

"Yeah, me too", said Blue, who always joins in the conversation.

"You boys can go off and enjoy yourselves while I go on to become a Pokemon Trainer", said Leaf.

When this is all done, Rainbow waves goodbye to Red, Blue, Leaf, as they head on their way to Viridian Forest. Before they head to Viridian Forest, the three friends go to the market and buy lots of Pokeballs and head on their way. Red, however, is still depressed that he didn't catch his first Pokemon yet. By the time they enter the forest, Red, Blue, and Leaf sit down for a moment.

"Don't feel bad, Red", said Blue, trying to comfort Red. "Who knows? You might catch a Pokemon better than ours".

"Yeah Red, I am confident you will get your chance very soon", said Leaf.

Leaf begins rubbing her hand on Red's back, as she nods in agreement, hoping this would lift Red's spirit.

"Pikachu", said a sound behind them.

Red, Blue, and Leaf turn around to see a yellow mouse-like Pokemon run in front of them and then it stops to look at them. Red, Blue, and Leaf look at it back.

"Isn't that the same Pokemon that Yellow has?" Leaf whispers. "What does the PokeDex say about it?".

Red pulls out his Pokedex and identifies it as Pikachu. It said: 

"Pikachu, it has small electric sacs on both of its red cheeks. If threatened, it releases electric charges from those sacs".

"Sounds shocking", Red said.

Red steps forward while Blue and Leaf watch from their seats. As Red walks toward it, Pikachu then stands its ground and poses itself and gives Red a warning look as if it is telling Red to stay away or he will be shocked.

"Go Charmander", he hollers as he withdraws Charmander. 

In a flash, Charmander appears from its Pokeball.

"Charmander, scratch but watch out for its Thundershock", said Red.

Charmander charges at Pikachu and scratches it. Enraged, Pikachu charges at Charmander, and sends it flying. Pikachu then sends a small electric shock at Charmander, who dodges out of the way.

"Charmander, Scratch", Red hollered.
Charmander continues to scratch it, sending Pikachu away. Red remembers what Pikachu was capable of, and he was lucky during the Pokemon match with Yellow.

"Charmander, Scratch", Red hollered again.
Pikachu sends a Thundershock at Charmander
but suddenly, Charmander shoots a small flame at Pikachu, countering the Thundershock. Red realizes that Charmader has grown a level and has now learned Ember.

"Charmander, Ember now", said Red.

Charmander shoots an Ember attack and Pikachu sends another Thundershock.

Almost like a line going against another line, Ember wins and it gets Pikachu.

Finally, Pikachu looks weak enough to catch it, Red then raises an empty PokeBall and throws it at Pikachu and in a flash, the Pokemon goes inside. Red watches anxiously as the Pokeball squirms a little for a few minutes then stops.

"Yes!", he whoops. "I caught a Pikachu, my first Pokemon I caught on my own".

Red goes and holds his newly caught Pikachu. Leaf and Blue applaud him and run up to Red. 

"Wow, I was right after all, Red", said Blue.

"You did catch a Pokémon better than ours".

"Can I see it, Red?" Leaf asked, impressed.