Episode 38: Zapdos, Raikou and the Queen of the Pokemon

Jumping off and then returning their flying Charizard, Pidgeot, and Fearow, the three trainer start walking west.

"Second to last badge is off Cinnabar Island and we have to catch the boat going there off in Cruise Land Port", Red tells his friends. "We are too far away from the port, so I just bought three tickets ahead in advance at the Pokémon Center here".

"We are in for a long walk", Blue complains. "Why can't we use our flying Pokémon again?"

"Blue, our flying Pokémon won't know where to fly to unless we know,, remember?", Leaf reminds, putting her hand on Blue's shoulder.

"The sooner we start the better," Red declares.

They begin walking and walking until they came across a strange building. They saw lots of Dratini in a river nearby and got their fishing rods out to catch them.

"An abandoned Power Plant", said Red. "Just like the one in Gringey City. Let's go check it out".

They walk inside the Power Plant and see Grimer, Koffing, Magnemite Electabuzz, Magneton, Muk, and Wheezing.

"Electric Pokémon, Leaf and I need that", said Blue joyfully.

They each battle and capture each of the Pokémon. As they journey further and further into the Power Plant, they suddenly see a large, avian Pokémon with predominantly yellow plumage. It has small, triangular eyes with black around them and a long, thin, light orange beak. Its wings and tail are a mass of spiky feathers and there are black feathers covering the back of its wings and inner tail feathers. A large crest of spiked feathers surrounds its head. Its thighs are tan, and it has thin, light orange legs. It has feet with three forward-facing toes and one backward-facing toe; each toe has a short talon.

"What is that?", asked Blue.

"I don't know, what does the Pokédex say, Red?", said Leaf.

Red pulls out the Pokédex.

"Zapdos, a Legendary Pokémon that is said to appear when a thundercloud parts into two halves while dropping enormous lightning bolts, when the sky turns dark and then lightning showers down. They say lightning caused by the flapping of its glittering wings causes summer storms and savage thunderstorms. Legend says that Zapdos also has complete control of electricity. The Pokémon gains power if it is stricken by lightning bolts. While it is flying, it makes crackling and snapping sounds. Zapdos is said to live in thunderclouds, where it freely controls lightning bolts. There are tales of Zapdos nesting in the dark depths of pitch-black thunderclouds. It's said that when Zapdos rubs its feathers together, lightning will fall immediately after", said Dexter.

Red, Blue, and Leaf stare at the titanic yellow bird Pokémon with amazement and astonishment. They have heard of Zapdos before. Zapdos looks at them spreads its wings out and lightning flies everywhere. Then the Pokémon flies in the air and sends lightning bolts at the three trainers. They immediately jump out of the way.

"I am withdrawing my Pokémon, we have to defend ourselves", said Blue.

"No, don't", Leaf pleads.

"The nearest Pokémon Center is a long way from here and our Pokémon won't stand a chance against Zapdos", Red said. "Let's get out of here".

They run back to the way they came but Zapdos flies in front of them and lands in front of the way they came.

"He's not going to let us leave alive, is he?", said Blue, frightened.

Blue is correct. Zapdos does indeed have intentions of killing them. The three trainers scatter dodging thunder bolts. But Zapdos isn't a fool. After an hour of chasing them and blasting lightning bolts at them, the Pokémon eventually corners Red, Blue, and Leaf. With nowhere else to run, the three trainers brace for death while Zapdos prepares to attack them.