Episode 49: All for Nothing?

After a long walk, Red, Blue, and Leaf walk back to Pallet Town.

"It feels like yesterday since we were here", said Red.

Red's face suddenly turns to sadness and his head drops on his chest.

"Ash, I did it, I'm almost there", he says to himself.

Blue and Leaf hear this and look at each other. Leaf puts her hand on Red's back.

"That reminds me, we were about to go our separate ways on our journey until we found out that Ash fell into a coma overnight", said Blue.

Tears fall down Red's face and he wipes them. Blue gives tissue paper to wipe his eyes.

"I am glad Gary and Green chose to stick around and look after Ash while we were away", Leaf adds.

Blue looks at her but says nothing. Rather than being angry, he smiles instead.

As they walk in town, a voice rings out.

"It's Red, Blue, and Leaf, they are here", shouts the voice.

A crowd of people gather around them and cheer for them. They walk to Professor Oak's lab where Professor Oak, Rainbow, and a middle aged woman in a purple dress await them. They sit at the lab table with them. Upon learning that Red, Blue, and Leaf have returned home, Delia, Daisy, and Domino hurry to the lab. As for Gary and Green, they are in Vermilion City, looking after Ash.

Upon seeing Red, Delia runs up and kisses Red in the face, embarrassing Red.

"Oh Mom, not in front of Blue and Leaf", Red complains.

Delia snickers at him and points to Blue and Leaf who are just as embarrassed as Red is.

"Teenagers", said Domino gloating.

"Yep, I remember those days", said Daisy.

Red, Blue, and Leaf groan.

"Alright, let's discuss what happens next", said Professor Oak. "Agatha?".

The middle aged woman nods and looks at three trainers.

"I am Agatha Eidolon, Leader of the Elite Four", she introduces herself to them. "Let's talk about your journey. First, tell me about the Gym Leaders".

Red, Blue, and Leaf look at each other and then back at Agatha.

"Well Brock taught us to believe in our Pokemon", said Red.

"Misty taught us the important of self control and not feel helpless in Pokemon battle", said Leaf.

"Surge taught us discipline", said Blue.

"Erika taught us growth and adapt", said Leaf.

"Koga taught us stealth, be alert, and expect the unexpected", said Blue.

"Sabrina taught us the value of having relationships and being friends with Pokemon", said Red.

"Blaine taught us education and to know your Pokemon when you use them and in battle", said Leaf.

"And that the last one in Viridian City...", said Red.

Red, Blue, and Leaf think for several minutes.

"Nothing", said Red.

"Same", said Blue.

"Exactly", said Leaf. "It...".

"SSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH", Red and Blue shush Leaf as they cover her mouth and then sit back into their seats. Rainbow, Professor Oak, and Agatha look at each other then back at them