Episode 18: Not Everything is what it seems

It took a week to get to Vermilion City. After making it to Vermilion City, it is the late afternoon and Red, Blue, and Leaf check into a hotel to stay for the night. As Red said the day before, it did rain did happen that evening. Red, Blue, and Leaf decide to stay up and talk to the other trainers who are staying there too. Judging by the amount of trainers staying there, the hotel had to be at least full.

While Blue and Leaf are hanging elsewhere, Red goes and sits at a table next to a trainer who looks like a sports jock. He has very short, magenta and periwinkle hair, one color on each side of his head, almost like it was hair dyed. The right side is magenta colored hair and right side is periwinkle.

Red then notices see he has tropical rain forest eyes. He is also wearing a black and white varsity jacket with a white R on his left side of his chest. Wears black colored jeans and white tennis shoes. From what Red can see, this person is tall and quite masculine, looking like someone who win in a fist fight.

Red recognizes the white R logo as the logo for the Rough Rapidashes, a national Pokemon Football Team.

The trainer notices him looks at him.

"Hi there friend, who do I have the pleasure of meeting?", asked the trainer.

"Red", said Red.

"Ralph", said the trainer.

Red and Ralph shake hands with each other and then they start playing checkers and other games and then are also talking about their Pokémon battle stories. Like Red, Ralph is also a beginner too except he is four badges ahead and has more experience than Red.

"I accidentally traded an Oddish for Tangela and did not know it until I faced Brock", said Red. "Tangela won my first badge".

"I used my Onix against Brock's Onix," said Ralph. "It won but was very close to losing".

However, Red's thoughts turn to Ash.

"Ralph, you wouldn't happen to know where the nearest hospital is from here?, " asked Red. "My little brother is in a coma and I am told he is staying in a hospital here. I would like to check on him".

Ralph looks at him with surprise.

"Yeah, down the street", said Ralph. " Hope your little brother makes a fine recovery".

Red runs out of the hotel and finds the hospital. It was several buildings down from the hotel. Even though it rained, that did not stop Red. For Red, his little brother matters much to him.
Red goes to the front desk.

"I would like to see Ash Ketchum", Red tells the front desk lady. "My name is Red Ketchum and I am Ash's older brother".

"Do you have an ID?", asked the lady.

"Yes", said Red.

Red pulls his ID card and then the lady scans it. She then calls a nurse to escort Red to Ash's room. When they reach Ash's room, Gary and Green are there, sitting next to the bed. Red touches his brother's hand.

"Red", Gary and Green yell with delight.

"Hi Gary, Green, how's he doing?" Red asks them.

Gary and Green look at him.

"Oddly enough, his face, body, hands, and feet are making very slight movements lately", Gary replied.

Red stares at Gary.

"Slight movement? What do you mean?", he asked.

"We're not sure", said Green. It looks like Ash is physically reacting to something he's seeing inside his head".