Episode 9: Brock

It is now morning and Leaf just made breakfast for everyone

It is now morning and Leaf just made breakfast for everyone. She made maple flavored oatmeal and laid out some oranges, bananas, and apples. While they are eating, Red turns to Blue and Leaf.

"Blue, Leaf, how long have we been in Viridian Forest?" Red asked after taking a bite of his banana.

"It took us a week to get to Pewter City", when we arrived at Pewter City...", said Blue after swallowing some oatmeal in his mouth.

"A week", finishes Leaf, biting an apple.

"A week? A week is not very long, Leaf", said Red. "I am not sure if our Pokemon are strong enough to beat Brock".

"True, but we have been training our Pokemon hour by hour and studying battle strategies", Leaf said, sounding nervous. "I think our Pokemon should be okay, I hope."

Red and Blue agreed.

The three friends started packing their bags and set out back to Pewter City. When the three friends arrive in Pewter City, Red goes to the Pokemon Center to make a phone call. It is answered by Blue's brother, Gary. Gary is with Green and apparently has a sad look on his face.

"Hi Gary, Green, how's Ash doing so far?", Red asked.

"He's doing fine, Red. Still in the coma though", said Gary.

"Hi Red, how's Leaf?", asked Green. "Is she available?"

"She's around here somewhere", Red replies.

"Are you taking good care of my big sister?"
asked Green, sounding almost angry.

"Yes Green", said Red.

Green throws Red a warning look.

"I will hunt you down and kill you if you aren't", said Green sternly.

Red nods and understands, knowing how both Leaf and Green care about each other.

"Red, I have a confession", Gary breaks in. "It's my fault Ash is in a coma."

Red's eyebrows widened. Green then looks at Gary with horror.

"What do you mean?" Red asked.

"On the day before your Pokemon journey began", Gary begins. "Ash and I were hanging out by the beach. Grandpa came by and told me and him that you, Blue, Leaf and Ash are picked to start their Pokemon journey. I am going to start working as his apprentice in the lab before I start our Pokémon training. After Grandpa left, I immediately got jealous of Ash and started yelling at him at how it was unfair that he got to go and not me. Ash tried to calm me down and assure everything will be okay but I attacked Ash instead. He and I fought. I reached for my baseball bat and beated him in the head. It knocked him out. After that, I walked away without care and went to convince my grandfather to let me join you instead of Ash. Grandpa was about to consider me but Blue interfered, knowing what I was up to. Grandpa was furious with me and my sister grounded me for the rest of the day. However, Grandpa decided to add me, Ash, and Green, stating that he has extra Pokemon that need trainers".