Episode 19: A Tale of Magikarp

"Can I interest you in having a Magikarp?"asked the salesman.

Red looks at him.

"Sure," said Red. "What is so special about Magikarp?"

"Magikarp can... make you rich", said the salesman.

Red frowns at him.

"I have battle points", he said sternly.

"Magikarp is the most powerful Pokémon ever",said the salesman.

"How powerful?", asked Red.

"Can do just about anything", said the salesman. "Can learn new moves too".

"I will take it just to fill up the Pokédex", said Red, finally accepting the offer.

"Excellent choice", said the salesman as he handed him a Pokeball. "500 points please?".

Red hands his points and the salesman runs off leaving him bewildered. He then regroups with Blue and Leaf, and the three trainers discuss the matter.

"You bought that just to fill up on the Pokédex?", asked Leaf, angrily. "Magikarp is useless, especially in a Pokémon battle".

"Don't say that about Magikarp",said Red, angrily. "Remember, Abra? Abra only knows teleport at first until it evolves into Kadabra".

"Abra's a different category, Red, you got duped for 500 points all just fill the Pokédex", said Leaf angrily. "You would have saved a lot more if you caught the Pokemon in the first place".

Leaf pulls out the Pokédex from Red's pocket and turns it on.

"Magikarp, the Fish Pokémon. It is virtually worthless in terms of both power and speed. It is the most weak and pathetic Pokemon in the world", said Dexter.

"There you go Red, worthless and pathetic, does that say something to you?", Leaf screams.

"Not if you give Magikarp a chance, Leaf", Red yelled. "I know Ash would have".

Leaf glares at Red.

"Ash is in the hospital and it's your Pokémon, Red", Leaf snapped.

Leaf angrily takes Red's hat and throws it in the air.

"Go get it", said Leaf sternly.

Angered, Red goes to find it and comes back with Leaf and a cold shoulder. As a Red goes to go get it. Someone appears and hands it to Red.

Red recognizes him and it is Ralph. Meowth is on his shoulder.

The two stare at each other. Enraged at the sight of him, Red swipes his hat from Ralph's hand and puts it on. Ralph stares at Red with horror.

"Hey Red, you okay?", asked Ralph. "I haven't left Vermillion City yet. Wanna hangout, till my friends return from the market?".

Red ignores him and Ralph follows him back to his camp.

"Ralphie?", said Meowth. "I think the big shot is mad at you".

Ralph ignores.

"C'mon Red, talk to me", said Ralph. "What's bothering".

Ralph puts hand on Red's shoulder, causing Red to whirl around and punch Ralph in the face.

"Hey not cool", Meowth yells.

Meowth leaps at Red.

"Touch him again or I'll touch you with these", Meowth threatens.

Meowth then shows him his claws. All the commotion causes Blue and Leaf run to Red's aid.