Episode 69: A New Hope in Saffron City

Red, Yellow, Giovanni and several Rocket Grunts appear in Saffron City and they look see the entire city in ruins. The whole city is with running collapsed buildings and Eevoreon idols. Sounds of people and Pokemon screaming fill the air. The whole time Red is concerned...but not just by this place.

"What's the matter Red?" asked Yellow.

"It's...not the same without Blue and Leaf", said Red. "We've never been separated. Not like this".

Yellow smiles at this recalling Red, Blue, and Leaf hanging out together since they were at the orphanage.

"I understand, you three have been through a lot together", said Yellow happily. "I remember".

"Interesting", said Giovanni.

Red shifts into gear and refocuses.

"Nevertheless, we need to find Sabrina and Koichi", said Red. "Sabrina is first priority and she can help us find Koichi and we can liberate Saffron City together".

Giovanni studies him, causing Red to wonder if Giovanni is up to something. They all go to the Gym and it's still standing. Once inside, they find hide behind several crates and they look to see...

"Oh my gosh, it's Sabrina", said Red in horror. "She all tied up".

Sabrina is tied and knelt on the floor, looking helpless. Then a figure walks up in the distance, carrying a club in its hand. Red studies him as he recognizes him.

"It's Koichi", said Red to himself. "But how is he doing this? Koichi would never do this

Then it hits Red.

"Koichi is under mind control", said Red. "I don't think he will sleep well if he kills Sabrina".

Standing next to Koichi, is a someone who looks familiar.

"Is that...Sabrina or her twin?", asked Yellow.

"I think...it's her clone", said Red. "Sabrina said she only has a baby brother and he's deceased".

Red then pulls out his Pokeflute and plays the Guardian's song. Upon hearing the song, Koichi looks around as if he has jumped back to reality. He then notices Sabrina tied up and the clone preparing to kill her. Now realizing what is happening, he quickly attacks the Sabrina clone with the club he is carrying, clobbering her. Unfortunately, Red's music also got the attention as a giant Alakazam inside the Gym to move in to attack Red, Yellow, Giovanni and the Rocket Grunts.

"Great, I don't suppose you have any Ghost Types or Bug Types on hand, do you?" asked Yellow. "Any Pokemon that know Dark Types moves too?".

"I do have a Persian and it knows some Dark Type moves", said Giovanni. "A Pokemon that big, it won't last. None of the Grunts have one either".

All the Grunts show their empty pockets.

"I have a Haunter and a Scyther in my Pokemon Box", Red answered. "But I don't have time for that to switch out hand. I could use Alakazam but he's in the Pokémon Box for the majority. There is one Pokemon should do the trick".

Red withdraws Mewtwo. Mewtwo looks at him.

"You called?" said Mewtwo.

"Mewtwo, I need you to your help us rescue Sabrina and Kochi over there", said Red.

Red points to them and Mewtwo looks at them with a nods.

"Finally, some action", said Mewtwo.

Mewtwo shoots several Shadow Balls at the giant Alakazam, again, again, easily defeating it. A battle erupts and Red, Yellow, Giovanni, and all the Rocket Grunts fought them with their Pokemon. After the battle, Mewtwo looks at Giovanni and glares at him while Giovanni just smirks at it.