Part 28.

"So so sorry we are late!" I apologised as we arrived, the Holland family still waiting for us outside the restaurant. There was, Nikki in a burgundy dress, her black handbag dangling off her forearm. Right by her side stood Dom, in some simple jeans and a blue shirt with a black jacket fitting his shoulders.
"Happy birthday big star!" Nikki bent down, lifting our little son onto her hip. "Can you tell me how old you are now?" She asked, but Parker was somewhat silent, overwhelmed with excitement and attention. He smiled, his lips not saying a word, so I helped a little.
"How old did you turn today, Parks?" I asked, slowly lifted three fingers, which he stared at for a moment and then followed me to show Nikki.
"Three already?! Wow!" She cheered, Dom right next to his wife, with a gift in his hand. But the two were not the only ones there. I turned to look for Tom, who was already deep in conversation with Harry. So I looked around for Paddy, who's birthday was today as well after all, and I noticed him standing a little further back with Ciara and Sam, not really noticing us yet. He was wearing a fairly tailored black suit with a white shirt, even a fat watch sitting on his wrist, which looked brand new. Ciara wore a sage green dress that was a little looser around the legs, and Sam, he almost looked like Ciara was his escort with the matching sage green suit on his body.

I eventually made my way over, Paddy's present buried in my bag.
"Happy Birthday big brother!" I shouted, taking him directly into a hug. He was no older than me, nor my brother, but he was taller than me and felt like a brother. So I guess that explains why I called him 'big brother'.
"Y/N? Thank you!" He backed away from the hug with a smile on his lips just a moment later, looking me up and down. "You look stunning! Wow! I hope Tom has already told you that. If not, he's stupid!" We laughed and then I greeted Ciara and Sam with a hug.
"What is that rock on your wrist?" I asked Paddy, pointing to the gold watch on his arm. Thereupon he raised it, gave me a closer look.
"Gift from my parents and grandparents." He explained. "Fancy, isn't it?"
I nodded, yes it definitely was.
"So where is my twin?" He asked after a few seconds, looking around for his best friend.
"Parks?" I asked.
"Yeah." He answered, continuing his search at Tom and Sam's real twin.
"Right over there, with Nikki and Dom." I pointed out. The two of them were still engrossed in Parker, definitely never able to stop admiring him. I think if Tom and I had to choose who would raise Parker if something happened to us, we would definitely choose Nikki and Dom. They were the perfect legal guardians in my eyes.

Five minutes later we were sitting at the table. Parker at the head so I could help him with the food, Tom on my right, and Nikki and Dom opposite us. Next to Dom sat Sam, then Ciara and on our side next to Tom came Harry, then Paddy.
"Sam, where did you leave Lily?" Nikki asked, bending forward to see her son fidgeting with the cutlery.
"Uh, Lea is watching her today." Nikki nodded, taking it for granted while Tom gritted his teeth and pretended not to have heard anything. His hatred for Lea, probably still as bad as ever.
"Oh and Tom honey, are you wearing a beard now because your grandfather said you look like a boy?" She added, getting Tom's attention.
"What?!" He asked, totally confused. His eyebrows drawn together, definitely not having heard of that before.
"Your little beard? Is there a reason why you wear it? You usually shave every month." Damn, Nikki really managed to accidentally humiliate Tom. Even Paddy at the other end of the table had to stifle a giggle.

I knew Tom wanted to curse under his breath, but he refrained and tried to show his mother his best behaviour with an upright pose.
"No mother, I just haven't managed to do it yet." She nodded, not wanting to push him. I guess part of her also knowing that he was having other reasons, noticing Tom not beeing well lately.
"And what did you do today?" Dom asked, his question directed at Parker to keep him occupied.

So the conversations started to flow, and while the others were talking, choosing their drinks for now, I felt Tom's palm on my thigh at one point, slowly and seductively moving it's way up my bare skin. Gaze immediately caught his veiny hand, not even hesitating as he simply continued to stroke small circles with his thumb. So I looked up at him but he was in conversation with Harry, face turned away from me as he nodded to whatever his brother was talking about. Body so close to the table, I knew he was trying his best to hide the view of him trying to get into my panties.