Chapter 9

Chen Xi hangs up the phone. This is the tenth call he has received today. Some of them have fallen victim to previous competitors. Some of them have come to inquire about the situation in an attempt to buy shares from him at a low price. Huihua fell into a financial crisis because of a decision-making error. If it were not for the difficulty in capital turnover, he would not have made such a decision.

"Mr. Chen." The secretary outside knocked on the door.

Chen Xi said, "Come in."

The secretary handed a document to Chen Xi, "This is the document you told me to prepare before."

Chen Xi took it and glanced at it, his face even more worried, is it really possible to give up Huihua? Thinking of the hard work he had put into it over the years, the more he thought about it, the more unwilling he became.

Seeing Chen Xi's face full of sadness, the secretary knew that her boss probably couldn't get along with others. She thought of the phone call she received in the morning, and said cautiously, "By the way, boss, a strange phone called just before the meeting. I left a message saying I have something to look for you."

Chen Xi waved his hand, "If you want to lower the price, don't worry about it." He has received too many calls recently, and he instructed his secretary to ignore those calls to inquire about the situation.

"The phone number is from the city. When I call it, it's different from the previous calls to check the situation." The secretary handed an A4 piece of paper to Chen Xi, "He left a contact number and hopes to talk to you about cooperation, he said. His boss's surname is Zhao."

Chen Xi was a little surprised, "The last name is Zhao?" He looked at the phone number written on the paper.

The secretary nodded: "Yes, he hopes to have a face-to-face talk with you."

-*

A dressing room in the backstage of a TV station.

The independent dressing room was quiet. At this time, the door was suddenly pushed open, and the agent walked quickly to the young man who was resting on the sofa, "Old Pei, don't sleep, I have something to do."

Pei Mingzhan opened his eyes and sat up straight: "So anxious?"

"I'm not in a hurry. Just now Director Cheng contacted me, saying that his drama is going to start next month, and I want to ask you for a favor." The agent said: "I have tried my best to reject your future jobs, but Cheng I have to discuss with you about the guidance please."

When Pei Mingzhan first entered the entertainment industry, he was promoted by Director Cheng, and the relationship between the two has always been good. Although Director Cheng is not a big director, he has good connections in the circle. He helped Pei Mingzhan a lot at the beginning. He didn't direct for a few years. And Pei Mingzhan has been reducing his work and preparing to fade out of the entertainment industry during this period of time, and the things that should be pushed are almost done.

"There aren't many scenes, it's an online suspense drama. There are two old actors in the cast, and the rest are new actors. I heard that the script is of good quality, but the overall team is not very good." The agent gave Pei the script and investigation materials. Mingzhan persuaded: "I know you have a good relationship with Director Cheng, although I haven't had much contact in these years. When Director Cheng came to me, I guess he was too embarrassed to talk to you. What do you think?"

Cheng Dao really likes to use new actors, if not for this, he would not have discovered Pei Mingzhan's talent.

Pei Mingzhan took the script and glanced at it, "Take it."