27. First Child

You and Mark was sitting on the couch watching basketball with your 9 month old son.

When he was about to cry (your aon, not Mark), you started to sing to him the itsy bitsy spider and tickle him. He fell back with his body on your lap and his head on Mark's lap as he laughed out loud.

He started to look up at Mark who was too focus on the game. He called for Mark in his baby language, but Mark kept his eyes on the T.V.

"Honey!" you said as you slapped his arm. "He's trying to get your attention!"

Mark looked down from the T.V. and smiled at your son on his lap. You son smiled back at his dad. Mark picked him up and held him up above his head like in The Lion King, but instead facing him. You son laughed as his dad smiled brightly at him.

"Honey," you said. "It's past 10 o'clock now. I think he should go to sleep now."

"Okay. I'm going to finish watching this game," said Mark.

"Are you serious!? Honey it's only the 2nd quater!"

"If this helps, the 2nd quater is almost over."

"When I put our baby to sleep, who's going to put me to sleep? I need you by my side when I fall asleep."

"Well you do it all the time when I'm away on tour."

You are not mad at Mark. Nine months is almost over, which means he has to go back to his original schedule with GOT7. His schedule? It's not coming home and leaving on tour around the world. You're happy for him and he's living the life, but with the time you have left with him before he leaves again, you wanted to cherish it all. Angrily, you stormed away and put your son to sleep. You then went to bed and lay down, trying to call asleep. Key word, trying.

A few minutes later, you heard the door open and pretend to sleep. Mark climbed into be with you and wrapped his arm around you. Quickly, you removed his arm.

"____," said Mark. "C'mon! Are you really mad at me?"

You let out a loud sigh and sat up. You turned on your lap beside you on the nightstand. You looked at Mark angrily. "Mark! Nine months is almost over! You're leaving again soon!"

"I know," he answered. "That's why I'm watching basketball late at night! I never get to do that when I'm working all of the time."

"Excatly! You're working all of the time! That's why I want to spend every second with you before you leave again! I know it's going to be a long time before I get to sleep in your arms again."

Mark wrapped his strong arms around you. "I know. I'm sorry. I should have thought about you and our son. I was only thinking about me. ____, I love you and no matter where I go, I'll always love you. I should be spending time with you with the short time we have left together before I barely get to see you again. You're more important to me than some stupid basketball game."

You pulled away and smiled as Mark used his thumbs to wipe away your tears. "Really?"

"Of course." Mark leaned in and kissed you.