Ch 21

I didn't let him catch me, I pulled out my my hidden dagger and narrowly dodged the attack from behind me. With my blurry vision and racing mind I'm surprised I was able to dodge. Unfortunately rather than sticking my landing however I slipped back and barley broke my fall with my hands. "Oh jeez kid I'm sorry, I really thought you'd be able to stick that landing.
   Guess you're out of practice." He said, I knew that voice, he pulled his hood down and revealed himself as, "Uncle Fester?" I questioned but I was excited nevertheless. He took a look at me and his tune changed though, "Oh no, Wednesday, another panic attack?" He asked and knelt down to help me, "Yes but I'll be fine." I replied, he was, other than my mother, the only one in my family who knew about my panic attacks. I don't like talking about them much but who would I guess. "Well hang on let me help you out." He offered and helped me back to my feet, "Wait." He paused and got another look at me, I was sitting on the dry leaves, one hand behind me and on hand on my belly to instinctively protect it.
"Funny, you look like Morticia when she was pregnant right now. Why do you look like Morticia when she was pregnant?" He asked, I was surprised he picked up on it so fast but I guess nothing gets passed him.
"I really wasn't ready to tell the family yet, but you being the first to know is fine. Just don't tell." I replied and he nodded eagerly, "I'm actually surprised you noticed, you're as astute as ever Uncle Fester." I said to him and stretched my shirt over my small but protruding belly.
"Oh my god Wednesday, are you serious? But you're so young? How did this happen?" He began.
"Everything fell into place with someone, this was a surprise but we were okay with it." I replied. This time he actually helped me up off the ground, "Wow jeez, it was that tall guy I met wasn't it? The one with the nice hair." He asked.
"Yes it was Xavier."
"Good it was someone I liked, if this had been under bad circumstances I would have killed whoever did it." He replied and hugged me, it was a hug I needed. Fester was one of the few other people I accepted the affection from, especially when I was panicking. "I was on my way to see Xavier, and you're probably on the run as always so why don't you come with me." I offered.
"Yes I am and I'd like to meet the boy again so let's go." He replied.
   We made the short rest of the walk through the woods to the shed and I opened it to my smiling boyfriend, "Wens! And hang on, I know this, Uncle Fester." He greeted us both. "Quite the surprise to see you sir." He said to my uncle and fester skipped the greeting and went right to, "So you're the boy my niece was telling me about." He glared.
"That would be me, yes." He said shakily,
"Fester." I warned him.
"Welcome to the family Xavier!" He yelled switching moods. He pulled Xavier into a tight hug and I was half convinced he was going to just kill him right there but he let go.
"Oh yeah wow thanks Fester. I'm assuming you told him then Wens?" He questioned.
"He kinda figured it out for himself, he said I looked like my mother when she was pregnant. Although I'm not too sure what he means by that." I replied.
"Well first of all that's Uncle Fester to you now young man and when Morticia was pregnant with you specifically young lady, she had a certain way of carrying herself. Her cheeks puffed out a bit, her eyes and lips softened but what gave it away was the way you were sat on the ground after you fell. I know our Wednesday gets up from a fight immediately but you sat and protected your stomach. I specifically remember a situation just like that she was in but Gomez came to her rescue and brought her to safety after I came to help him." He explained.
"I wish I knew your uncle was attacking you outside my shed or I would have done the same." Xavier joked.
"Last time you tried to protect me I ended up with an arrow in my shoulder." I joked back to him.
I went on to tell Xavier what happened to me in the nightshade library and my plan to subdue Tyler to protect everyone during the trial. "I'm fine with this plan but I don't want you to be the one injecting him." Xavier protested.
"I can handle it." I replied.
"I know you want your revenge but I'm not letting you get in harms way. How about we make two doses you have one and someone else has the other. If the first one doesn't get there in time or you're put in danger than you can fight back." He suggested.
"Fuck you and your sensibility I'll consider it." I huffed.
He laughed at me and pulled me in for a side hug.
"THING!" Fester yelled from the back of the shed.
"Oh god I hope he didn't break anything." Xavier said before Fester emerged from the back with the disembodied hand.
"Oh there you are Thing I was wondering where you were." I said to him.
"How'd you get there lil guy." Xavier asked him and he signed back "I was observing you paint so I could give something to Wednesday."
This made Xavier laugh, "I'll give you a few drawing lessons buddy we'll do something together for her."
"I want in too!" Fester jumped in, "because dang can he draw Wednesday."