Ch 29

"What do I do now mom, what if I never see him again?" I sobbed to her. My dad took Pugsley out of the room, I could tell he was angry but not at me or Xavier, just at the man who pulled us apart. "You will darling I promise," she said as she stroked my hair, "Love has a way of working its way to you over and over again."
"But I can't do any of this on my own right now. I'm having his child and he's now here with me." I'll admit I'm a bit hysterical but it's justified, and hormonal.
"Vincent Thorpe is a cold man, he cares about money and his fame. At least that's how it's been since his wife died. There is some hatred towards love now but he has a soft spot for his son. Although it may not seem like it he will crack sooner or later. And if not you're dad is pissed and we know where he lives." My mother explained
"I don't know if I believe you this time mom." I replied.
"Why don't I finish the story Fester started for you?" She offered and I nodded for her to continue.
"Your father and I had come back to Jericho for the Nevermore class reunion and at the time I was pregnant with you. Hyde's had recently been banned from attending the school and that included the reunion but we ran into Tyler's mother in the town to catch up. She was worried for her son knowing that she was unstable herself at that point. Being pregnant changed her abilities outside of her control. Her and I went on a final walk together before I was supposed to leave and she attacked me out of nowhere, I was helpless and scared. Your father came running to my side with his brother and pulled me away from the attack. The poor woman never forgave herself for that day." My mother finished the story. I was stunned, "Your father was at my side the moment he sensed danger. I know Xavier will find his way to you." She reassured finally.
   I have my doubts after seeing what Vincent is capable of but I'll hold out what hope I have left. "I don't want to be in danger to get him back." I replied to her story. "And we still need to make that serum."
She then pulled out three blue vials and handed them to me. "I was excited to get back into potion making so I may have just gone ahead and done it myself." I can't say I'm surprised she went ahead and did it on her own. I haven't seen much of her this weekend but this means I now need a plan to put it into action. It's probably time I talk to Weems about this. "Thank you mother, I need to go back to my dorm now Enid is rightfully freaking out right now." I told her and headed for the door.
"Alright Wednesday, keep that dark head of yours up. He'll need you when he's back." She finished and I gave her a hug once more before leaving, "Don't get used to those by the way." I warned and watched her smile as I walked out.
   My dad and Pugsley were sitting in the chairs outside of their room, "We figured it would be best to leave you two alone." My dad said, I'm again tired of myself and instead of saying anything I gave him and my brother a hug.
"Oh honey, I know you're hurting right now but it will get better, he'll get back to you." My dad attempted to reassure.
"Thank you dad, I love you." I said and walked off.
   I wanted to go to his room and lay in his bed, under his blankets but it was no longer there. I couldn't sneak into his dorm and wear his clothes or hide from everything. I even miss using his shampoo. All I have left of his is the cellphone that was dropped and a few of his clothes that he left in my dorm.
   I found myself wandering for a little while on my way back to Ophelia Hall, I caught a few looks from people that saw the scene Xavier's father caused. I felt the pity from these stares, if only they knew how deep it goes.
   I finally made it to my door and let myself in to be greeted by Enid, Thing and Ajax. They were both crying over the departure of their friend. Enid ran over to me and hugged me tight, "Wens I'm so sorry, I don't know what we can do but we need to do something." She said through her sniffles.
I hugged her back, "I need him Enid, I can't have his baby without him. He's my best friend too, even before I fell for him he was always with me. He saved me when he hated me. And he's always loved me. I can't let that go now that I have it." I sobbed. Ajax and Thing came over to us, Thing squeezed into the hug and Ajax offered his hand of comfort to Enid. He knows better than to touch me.
"My mom made the serum without us, I'm giving one vial to you, Enid, it's not safe for me to do this alone. I don't know who I'll give the third one to but we'll see when trial resumes." I handed it to her.
"I'll be with you Wednesday, with this and every step of the way. Xavier will be back, I know him. He loves you so much he'll do anything to get you back." Enid reassured.
   I sorta kicked Ajax out quickly after our conversation, I wanted to shower and cry. It's the only place it feels alright being alone but even so I miss the showers I'd take with him. I kept the shower quick, I'm too tired for more. I put on a now too short tank top and Xavier's zip up hoodie and his sweatpants. This is the closest I'll get to him now.
  I kept my hair down, the way he liked, and I laid in bed with Thing. The hoodie remained unzipped and I looked down at my belly, I could feel her sadness. She knows he's gone too. Thing laid on my shoulder in an attempt to comfort me but I just laid my head back and rubbed my belly to remind myself that I'm not alone. I believe that he'll be back but it's going to be hell for both of us until he does.