Chapter 11

After finishing breakfast and having a two-hour study session, Ms Rosalyne gave you some work to do then excused herself in order to make lunch.

"Is there something specific you'd like to have, Y/n?"

"Oh, not really. I'm fine with anything."

Ms Rosalyne nodded with a smile then went to kitchen to begin preparations. You occasionally glanced at her seeing working around and felt bad for leaving everything to her, yet watching her felt strangely homely to you. You noticed a small smile was plastered on her face for most of the time, making you wonder if cooking was one of her interests and she was certainly a very good cook as well. You quickly finished the work assigned to you then went to the kitchen and stood behind her.

"Ma'am, I'd like to help out."

"Oh, there isn't much left to do. And besides, I said this would be my turn."

"I know but I don't like leaving it all to you again....You can be assured I won't be a hindrance."

She looked at you for a while then sighed and nodded, "Get some milk from the fridge."

"Yes, right away!"

You exclaimed and opened the fridge door to hand over the container to her, you stood beside her to have a look at what she was making.

"I hope you don't mind pasta."

"Ah, I really like it, especially bechamel sauce."

"Good to hear. Now where was the...." she looked around the gas-stove in search of something then looked to your side and pointed at an object, "There it is, pass me that block of cheese, would you?"

You nodded and picked up the small packet and handed over to her, watching her walk to the other counter to grate it while you stood in front of the pan that had the sauce, stirring it occasionally.

"You can have a taste to check the spices if you'd like."

"Oh, it's alright. I want to eat it the way you make."

You said with a smile and her movements briefly stopped before her cleared her throat and nodded then came back to the counter and added the cheese in followed by the boiled pasta. The pleasant aroma of the creamy sauce instantly filled your senses, making you anticipate the final product.

"Do you want to have something to drink alongside? I should have a bit of soda lying around in the fridge other than coffee and tea."

"Hmm....maybe something cool and refreshing...." you trailed off and pondered and so did Ms Rosalyne then finally thought of something only to see she too thought of the same thing which you said out loud together.

"Lime soda?"

Both of you were caught by surprise that your thoughts aligned so well, you then let out a small laugh and she soon followed, reveling in the moment together.

"Leave it to me, ma'am."

She agreed with a smile and you walked off to the other counter to prepare two glasses of fresh lime soda for both you; in the meantime, she did the finishing touches to the pasta and served it on two plates inside her bedroom and you carried the glasses there then sat on the bed beside each other while switching on the TV. She took a sip of the soda first and you intently watched her, a relaxed sigh coming from her.

"Delicious and refreshing. Thank you, this was quite needed."

"I'm glad you like it, ma'am."