Chapter 22

Rosalyne had been looking forward to the weekend this time quite a lot; it had been a long time since she made a meal for someone this way. There wasn't really an occasion to celebrate, she simply wanted to thank you for being with her last week and this was the best way she could think of. Cooking was one of her greatest skills and she held pride in it, so many people had praised her cooking including her husband that she naturally came to master it.

She happened to learn from a young age from her mother who was also passionate about it, the two of them enjoying the time spent together in the kitchen to cook for their small yet close family. And for her husband? She'd cook for him every time he'd want it, especially after he'd come home from his training or assignments.

But since the time they parted, she had rarely ever cooked for anyone beside herself and Lisa. She no longer had the same excitement whenever she'd cook, she still had all of her skills but now she simply saw it as an essential means to living rather than something endearing. Yet, recently she seemed to be passionate about it again- because of you.

She spent a great amount of time thinking and researching what to cook for the weekend and procured all ingredients on time in order to begin preparations. She looked around the internet for famous dishes, even thought of making something from your hometown just to make you feel homely but decided to go with traditional Mondstadt dishes instead as she was best in those.

Currently, you were seated inside her room on her bed beside each other while watching a movie and eating together. She then stood up to go to the kitchen and opened her fridge to take out the dessert tray, she soon came back carrying it and you were extremely surprised that she went to such great lengths, even preparing dessert.

"M-Ma'am, you made this as well....?"

"Of course, a meal isn't complete without dessert."

"But I'm already so full, I can't eat another bite...."

"That's why I made a relatively small dessert~"

She picked up one of the cups and spooned out a bite then brought the spoon near you but you moved back while covering your mouth.

"I really can't have any more...."

"Oh, come on, at least have a bite then you can take the rest home. Now, open up~"

You eventually gave in as you knew she wasn't going to listen and you also felt it would be disrespectful to refuse her when she worked so hard. You blushed and opened your mouth as she came closer and fed you the piece by her hand before earnestly waiting for your response.

"This is...chocolate mousse, right? It's very delicious, I love it!" you happily exclaimed and she smiled then spooned out another bite and brought it towards you.

"M-Ma'am, I really can't anymore...."

"Just one more. For me?~"

You slowly nodded then ate it, unable to refuse her. She then kept the cup down and suddenly extended her hand towards your lips, wiping away some of the chocolate from the corner of your lips with her thumb. You blushed more and thanked her then she turned around to pick up the plates; unknown to you, she subconsciously licked off the chocolate on her finger she earlier wiped from your mouth.

You didn't see it as she had already turned away nor did she think anything of it, perhaps she had simply grown out of such things. You ended up helping her wash the dishes before leaving, thanking her immensely for all her effort and delicious food. It was another day in your life that you were going to cherish a lot and you hoped you'd remember it till the end, even if one day your old memories were to come back.