Chapter 39

"You are.... important to me, Y/n."

Those words resounded in your mind a lot, you had no idea she felt that way; in fact, you honestly didn't even know what exactly she meant, what kind of importance did you hold for her? You wanted to ask and say so much but could never gather the courage to. This kiss was something she did on her own, not wanting to use any obligation or excuse but to simply show her care for you. Ms Rosalyne continued gazing at you and rubbed her hand over your cheek, feeling the scar from when the incident with those 3 boys happened at the institute.

"This.... has healed quite a bit. Good thing it wasn't deep otherwise a scar would be left...."

You were surprised and blushed intensely at the close proximity she had with you, she then smiled and wrapped her arms around you in a gentle embrace before pulling away when suddenly your mother's voice rang in your ears.

"Y/n, Ms Rosalyne!? Are you here in the balcony?"

Ms Rosalyne quickly stepped away from you just before the moment your mother opened the door and saw you both standing side by side, a strange atmosphere engulfing you both.

"Are you both okay?" 

"Y-Yes, mom, we are fine. What is it?"

"Oh, I was just saying to come inside as it's getting colder. We can watch some movie before going to bed. What do you say, Ms Rosalyne?"

"Okay, I'm fine with it, Mrs L/n. Let's go, Y/n."

Ms Rosalyne began walking and you followed behind her then reached the living room and sat on the sofa together, Ms Rosalyne on your right while your mother was on your left. She brought a big fluffy blanket and laid it atop you both then fetched the remotes and snuggled inside the blanket before playing the TV.

"Any movie suggestions, Y/n and Ms Rosalyne?" your mother asked.

You shook your head sideways to deny then waited for Ms Rosalyne's response, she pondered for a moment then suggested a few titles and your mother agreed to play one of them as she had heard about it and wanted to see it for a while. However, it was a long movie so after the halfway mark, your mother decided to turn in to sleep and continue the rest some other day. You and Ms Rosalyne also switched to another movie instead and continued watching for a while. 

Perhaps it was the closeness you had and the intimate moments that happened the whole day but you felt yourself moving closer to her in an attempt to lay your head on her shoulder. Both of you were cozy and comfortable in the blanket, your hands subconsciously intertwined to feel more heat. Ms Rosalyne noticed you trembling slightly and pulled you closer by your shoulder then wrapped the blanket around you more, you blushed then eventually relaxed into her and rested back.

"Do tell me when you get sleepy, Y/n. We don't have to complete the movie today."

"Hm, okay. Just another 10 minutes then."

Ms Rosalyne nodded with a smile. You rested your head on her shoulder and she kept hers on your head until you finally couldn't stay up longer and decided to sleep. It was 11 pm and while you were tempted to stay awake until midnight to wish her for Christmas, you knew it won't be possible as your eyes were feeling really heavy. You helped Ms Rosalyne settle in your room by cleaning up some things and bringing a new set of pillows and blankets for her along with keeping a bottle of water on the bedside table.

"Um, do you need something else, ma'am?"

"Oh no, I'm fine. I'm really sorry for taking your room this way, you know I can sleep outside or something."