Chapter 15

Both Ms Lisa and Ms Rosalyne began preparations for lunch, you too went to the kitchen to offer your help but they said there isn't much to do and asked you to wait patiently; not to mention, the kitchen wasn't so big to fit three people. Suddenly, Ms Lisa's phone rang and she looked at the number which made her eyes widen and she held her head guiltily.

"Dammit, I forgot I had this scheduled right now.....Sorry, I have to attend this call, can I leave this to you two? I promise I'll take around 15 minutes." Ms Lisa pleaded and you quickly accepted and swapped positions with her as she went out of the apartment to pick up her call. You came beside Ms Rosalyne to look at the preparations and ask for your part of the work.

"Hmm, I checked that I don't have enough pizza sauce so I'll make some right now. In the meantime....can I ask you to cut some vegetables, Y/n? We just need a few as pizza toppings."

You looked at her hesitantly then swallowed a lump in your throat and slowly nodded, "A-Alright, just onions and tomatoes?"

"I already cut the onions, you can do tomatoes and capsicum."

You nodded then went to the other side and she passed on a cutting board and knife to you while you took out the vegetables from the fridge and kept them on the counter.

"You don't have to do it if you struggle with it, alright?" Ms Rosalyne said softly, seemingly sensing your hesitance earlier.

"I'm fine with it, ma'am....."

She hummed then turned towards the stove to cook the sauce while you picked up the knife and one of the tomatoes. You placed the knife down in a cutting position and held the tomato with your other hand but you struggled to hold it down properly. You pursed your lips and tried to fold your palm into a claw like position to hold down the tomato then brought the knife closer but your hands began trembling, terrifying images flashed through your mind the moment you brought the edge of the knife closer.

You blinked a few times and rubbed your palm over your shirt as it had gotten quite sweaty, you also wept off some sweat from your forehead then held the tomato again but similar things happened again. Shivers ran up to your arms and you hated being this way, you wanted to help like a normal person and not be a burden to your teacher. You then closed your eyes and attempted to chop down in one go but felt excruciating pain run up your finger.

"A-Ouch!"

You screamed in pain and put down the knife, realizing you had mistakenly cut your own finger instead of the tomato. Ms Rosalyne heard your cry and immediately turned off the stove then rushed up to you and held your hand, becoming worried seeing blood trickle down your finger. She didn't ask any questions at all; it was obvious you were in pain and it was easy to figure out the cause.

On instinct, she was about to lean closer and put her lips around your finger to lick and soothe out the pain. It was a common action to do with injuries like this, after all. But fortunately, she realized her position at the right moment and stopped, realizing how inappropriate it would be. Instead, she immediately pulled your hand towards the sink and switched on the tap to let running water flow on the cut. You hissed from the burning sensation of the water then Ms Rosalyne slowly let go of your hand and stepped away.

"I'll bring over the first-aid kit, use that liquid soap and gently keep washing. Are you hurt anywhere else?"

She asked in a concerned tone and you shook your head sideways then she went to her room to take out the medicine box from her cupboard and quickly came out. You then turned off the tap and looked at her while she searched through the box for the right medication.