Chapter 53

Ms Rosalyne's soft and rosy lips moved with yours in a sensual manner, your eyes blown wide at the new sensation you were experiencing for the first time. She took a step closer and her hands cupped your face now, slightly tilting your head to deepen the kiss. Your mind was blank, rendering you unable to react. You couldn't even respond to the kiss properly; you were merely standing still at the spot. She opened her eye slightly and gazed into yours then released the kiss with a soft gasp, shivers going down your body at that.

"Were you expecting to be rejected which is why you didn't want an answer?" she asked with a small smirk.

"N-No, well I-I mean yes but t-that's not the only reason...." you stammered on your words.

"Hmm, let me guess.... You think I would reject you because you are my student, and that I still love him?~"

"....You don't? That day....when you were drunk you—"

"I said his name, I know. I indeed thought of him for once, but that's not all that happened that day, is it? You conveniently chose to not speak about a very particular part, right?~"

You blushed and averted your gaze, "I thought you didn't remember, and I didn't want to make you uncomfortable by mentioning it...."

"Well, I do remember it now. You tell me, did you really think those were just mindless drunken ramblings?"

"I...I don't know...."

You continued looking away, making her chuckle softly. She grasped your chin and pulled your face front to look into your eyes and caressed your cheek with a smile.

"Then listen properly now and believe my words- All those moments that we spent together, including studying, I also felt something similar. It was hard to see at first, I felt I was acting within the boundaries of a teacher and it was normal. I also felt that feeling that you did, and it's funny that I didn't realize it sooner considering I have experienced it before. Perhaps, just like you, I was also refusing to accept it given our status and my own predicament. It was a strange mix of emotions in me, I knew I was actively refusing to accept them in my mind but at the same time, my subconscious was making me do the exact opposite."

Your heart was beating out of your chest hearing her words.

"It's true I tried to get over it, convince myself I'm just imagining things. And it's also true a part of that reason was him, maybe I was trying to protect myself by using him as and my feelings for him as an excuse. I was scared to fall in love again, I lost everyone dear to me in so little time. But the more time I spent with you, I found myself drawn towards you as well. There are many things I did which would not qualify as a teacher's behaviour at all, but I did them and I enjoyed that time with you. The time you spoke against those three boys, the time we visited the shelter and the fair together then I stayed at your home for your birthday, the little moments we shared during our study sessions, recently when you saved me that day...."

Tears formed in Rosalyne's eye as her feelings gushed out.

"I'm sorry I made you so confused, it's my fault for not seeing it sooner and acting on it. But I want you to know that I love you too. I love you very much, Y/n. Being with you gives me joy and comfort, I feel loved like my younger self."

She cupped your face with both hands and joined her forehead with yours, tears streaming down both of your faces now.

"All that I rambled about you that day in my drunken state was true. You are attractive in many ways and I love being with you, I have wanted to kiss you for so long as well. Recently I started feeling the urge to confess to you because it felt like I won't have you ever again and I didn't want to lose another love, I was going to do it on graduation but I'm glad you said it today. I would have felt so heartbroken that the reason you started making distance from me was to get over your feelings for me. Also, don't ever think you aren't worthy of me. I'm just a normal person like everyone else and you have shown me immense love and support, I will never feel ashamed of being associated with you."