Chapter 29

As Lisa stood outside and waited for you, she thought back to a certain day. It was approximately 4 days ago, the weekend of the last week of university.

"Hey, Rosa. You don't have any plans this weekend, right?"

"Plans? The holidays have just begun so I was going to—"

"No no, cancel everything. We'll be going out~"

"....What? Where and to do what exactly?"

"To have fun, of course! Come on, it's been so long since we unwinded this way!"

Rosalyne sighed to herself, "Fine. What is it?"

"Ah, you remember my neighbour? It's actually her birthday party and she asked me to bring you along. It's at one of those high-class places so it'll be pretty lit~"

"....Alright. I'll go."

"Hehe, good choice. I'll pick you up tomorrow at 6 then~"

And just like that, the two of them made their way over to the venue next day. However, it wasn't quite what Rosalyne was expecting.

"Lisa, you said it's a high-class place...."

"Hm? Yes, it is. Any problem?"

"You never mentioned it's a club!"

Lisa looked at her wide-eyed and laughed lightly, "Does it matter if it's a club or a cafe? Honestly, I thought you'd naturally understand it'd be one of those places~"

"Hah~ Clearly I misunderstood your neighbor...."

"Hehe, just chill, Rosa! It's been a while since you came to a club. Who know it may open your eye to new options~"

"Yes yes, whatever you mean by that."

Rosalyne rolled her eyes and they walked in together. They were taken to a private lounge booked by Lisa's neighbor and greeted her with wishes and gave her the birthday gift then sat on one of the sofas with others. They exchanged obligatory greetings and introductions with everyone before Lisa got busy with her other friends and leaving Rosalyne to herself. Rosalyne felt out of place considering all the people were Lisa's mutuals and she had only met the neighbor a few times when she came to visit Lisa at her apartment.

"Now that everyone's here, it's time to hit the dance floor!" one of the girls announced, who was apparently another close friend of the neighbor. 

Rosalyne genuinely thought of staying back in the lounge but was dragged out by Lisa, and she too realized it would be disrespectful of her to stay back. Lisa was quick to mingle in the crowd with her other friends while Rosalyne sat at the bar counter and ordered a light drink; she had her fair share of alcohol during a certain period of her life and was determined to remain clean now.

"It's so loud here.....Am I growing old that I find music in clubs loud now? No, I still have 7 months before I turn 30...."

She sighed and glanced around while sipping on her drink until her eye met a certain man sitting on the left side of the bar counter, the same man staring at her with a small smile. She knew what that meant. She turned her body away from him and looked at Lisa's group who were dancing their heart out. Lisa glanced at her and indicated her to join them but she refused with a nod and turned towards the counter until she realized the same man had now taken a seat on her side, 2 chairs away from her.

"Ah! I'm so thirsty!~" Lisa soon came to the bar and rested upon the table, catching her breath and ordering some drinks.

"Let loose, Rosa. They all want you to join in~"