Chapter 14: Amortentia

The rest of the weekend had been amazing. We joked around and fooled around the little time we had left before Mondays classes. It was the happiest and most carefree I had seen him in years. And even though we had to leave our weekend alone time behind at least most of our classes were together. I dreaded any moment I had to be away from him. I was addicted.

That being a such a massive shift from how I was thinking at the beginning of term when i was Wishing he wasn't around, distracting me. It was almost more of a distraction not having him around now. My mind and body longed for him when he wasn't with me, and my mind would fixate solely on him.

"Welcome students! Please gather around!" Professor Sharp urged us all towards a large cauldron fixed in the center of the room. A warm pink glittering fog swirling and cascaded down the sides. It smelled heavenly. And Familiar...

Professor sharp cleared his throat. "Alright, before I teach you the dangers of this potion class, I want you to all humor me and come tell us all what it is you smell." he said raising a brow as he scanned the room"Let's start with...ah! Mr Sallow."

Sebastian approached the potion leaning in slightly closing his eyes. "Warm amber and vanilla." He said stepping away. I was a bit confused, that hadn't been what i was smelling when we first entered.

"Very well...Miss Adelaide Oakes?" Professor sharp asked motioning to the cauldron. She shyly approached "trees... redwoods to be exact" she clarified "...and a musky cologne." Same as what i smelled maybe it was different for women and men I wondered, But a few more students took turns listing off all sorts different things.

"Y\N? Professor sharp asked. I knew what i had smelled but leaned in again anyway. It was intoxicating and I wanted more. "Same as Adelaide redwood and musky cologne." I stated the class room erupting into hushed whispers and giggles. "Interesting." professor sharp said with a smirk looking over at her, "a repeat. That could cause some trouble..." Adelaide stare bore heated holes into me. I felt i was the only one who didn't understand.

Three other girls in the class repeated the same scent as Adelaide and i had. Each time the giggles getting louder. Sebastians cheeks became brighter with each one. It finally clicked it was Sebastian i was smelling, along with half the other girls in here. He must have know since they all had smelt what I had and was growing embarrassed. "Well well seems someone among us rather popular." Sharp joked raising a brow at Sebastian, only reddening his cheeks further.

"Lastly, Mr Weasley come now." Said professor sharp as he clapped his hands together. he took a small step forward "warm amber and vanilla...." He shot out and glanced towards Sebastian before quickly stepping back. I looked up and saw Sebastian, his face was still red but now with anger, clenching his jaw repeatedly, and his knuckles turning white under his fists.

"Oh dear, another repeat it seems..." Professor sharp sighed"people with the same objects of affection. Quite messy indeed..." He added walking back up to the front of the class. I felt A bit of warmth come over my cheeks. And that must have been... me.

Can anyone tell me what this particular potion is, and what its properties are?" Professor sharp asked resting his hands on his desk leaning forward. " Amortentia." Ominis spoke up cutting the tension slightly. "It is an extremely powerful love potion. Each person smelling something different, usually the one they most love and desire."

Well, it seemed our secret was out. At least to the few who had smelt the same thing. It was only a matter of time before todays lesson got around to the entire school.

"And what can the potion do when given to another ? What makes it so dangerous mr Gaunt?" The professor followed up. "Though being called a love potion, nothing not even magic can produce love. Instead it causes the inflicted person to become infatuated with the one who provided it...Obsessed even." Ominis finished. "Correct, 5 points to Slytherin!" Professor sharp announced. "Hopefully you may think twice before considering slipping it into someone's pumpkin juice." He raised his brow and dismissed the class.

Sebastian POV

I knew it. I knew that rat Weasley had feelings for her! At least now I know the feeling was not mutual between them. Todays lesson was going to spread like wild fire. Although I was a tad upset that she couldn't be my little secret for much longer the thought of being able to rub her in his nose exhilarated me.

I looked over to her. She looked a bit upset. I wasn't sure at what part. Was it about Weasley? The rumors that would inevitably start? Or was it the other girls? That should be the least of her concerns if that was the case.

I didn't even know half of those girls how could i have been their deepest desire? If they knew even half the things i had done their minds would quickly change from desire to pure terror. But not her. She knew me, all of me and her feelings did not waiver.

When class was over I pulled her aside to insure she was ok. "Hey, Are you alright?" I asked grabbing her arm as we made our way out of potions. "Yes, im fine... i just feel rather silly." She confessed looking shy. "Just another one of Sebastian sallows many admires." She chuckled burying her face in her hands.

She stood in the threshold of an arch way looking up at me. I leaned my arm onto the top of the arch and got close to her. " I don't need or want admires. I want you my love. You and only you for the rest of eternity." i say caressing her cheek. "And soon, given sharps insightful lesson, everyone will know that is how i feel...So why not let them all start talking now." With my free hand i grasped the back of her neck and kissed her perfect lips.

She was mine, and I intended for everyone to know it.