Chapter 17: Anne

Sebastian POV

I arrived to my common room mere moments before before curfew, slightly out of breath. "That had better be you." I hear Ominis shout out from one of the tables in the corner. He had spread out what seemed like a million different books. "All this for one potion?!" I ask as I approach.

"Some of us intend to pass all of our classes and exams this year." He bit back "If I managed to pass 5th year with everything I had going on I can assure you that I will be fine." I say while flipping through the pages of an old book. "Just because she's a good distraction doesn't mean she's not still A distraction." Ominis emphasized.

We continued studying for hours, well into the night. "the pages are all starting to blend together Om, can we please call it a night?" I asked letting out a yawn rubbing my forehead. "Yes, fine let's wrap it up for tonight." Ominis agreed and we made our way into our room.

I sat on the edge of my bed stretching out my neck and arms before lying down. *tap tap* I opened my eyes to see a deep brown owl sitting out of the window. It was not an owl I recognized. I opened the window with a puzzled look and with one fell swoop it dropped the letter onto my desk before disappearing back into the inky black sky.

Mr. Sebastian Sallow
Hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry, Slytherin boys dormitories number 3
Scotland , UK

I flipped the letter over to see the St. Mungos crest stamped into the paper and my heart sank. Anne. I quickly scanned the letter and began packing. "Where In Merlin's name are you going?" Asked Ominis. "I.... I have to go....To London." I said flustered scrambling with my things.

"London?! Are you mad! it's 3 in the morning, And-" I cut him off. "It's Anne." That was all it took. "I'll fetch you the headmaster...she will be alright Sebastian, she always pulls through." Ominis assured me as he quickly left looking for a prefect.

Y/N POV

I made my way to the great hall for breakfast scanning the room for Sebastian. I couldn't find him anywhere, or Ominis. Sebastian was late for everything but Ominis not being here, that was very concerning. I sat down next to Imelda hoping she knew where the boys were.

"Imelda, did you seen Sebastian and Omimis this morning in your common room by chance?" I asked with a bit of a worried tone. "Uhm no i hadn't, but I do know there was some commotion in the boys dorms late last night." She replied. "What kind of commotion?" I pressed her a bit further. she shrugged back at me continuing with her toast. Helpful.

Herbology came and went still with no sign of him. Every small noise that happened in the greenhouse I half expected it to be him haphazardly bursting through the doors. But he never came. My worry now had turned into full blown panic. Where the bloody hell was he?!

I made my way back into the great hall this time for lunch hoping to spot one of them."I heard you were looking for Ominis and Sebastian Y/N, did you ever find them?" Natty asked approaching the table I was sat at.

"No Natty, I haven't. Have you by chance seen either of them?" I asked concern engulfing my voice. "I have not, but I did over hear my mother talking to professor Ronan about Sebastian's sister, and that Ominis was in with headmaster Black. He could still be there." Natty replied.

My stomach dropped and began to contort into knots. Anne.

I quickly gather my things and kiss Natty on the cheek. "Thank you Natty, what would I do without you?" I say and then swiftly set out towards the head masters office.

Before I could even reach for the door knob it swung opened in front of me. Ominis exited the headmasters office. I rushed him and grabbed his hands.

"Ominis, what happened?" I asked frantically. "Oh my dear, thank goodness you're here, I'm not sure exactly ...but something is wrong with Anne. An owl came for Sebastian from St Mungos late last night and he is on his way to London now." Omimis replied with a worried look on his face.

"He's been given a leave from school until he can find out more." Ominis continued. "I tired to go with him but they wouldn't let me... he said he would write soon." He reassured squeezing my hands. "They will be alright, they are nothing If not resilient, those two." He finished pulling me in for a hug.

I worried for Anne of course. she had become a dear friend and I loved her as though she were my own sister. But Anne has accepted her fate, she's tried to make the best out of it not knowing what time she had left.

Sebastian on the other hand, I honestly do not know how he will cope if he ever lost Anne. He was already so fragile about it given everything that happened our 5th year. He risked everything to save her and ended up pushing her and everyone else away in the process.

She never wanted that life for him. Their relationship was strained now, she struggled daily to forgive him for what he had done. "I love my brother dearly,he is all that I have left in this life, but when I look at him all I can remember is that day." Anne had said to me once when I had gone to visit her last summer.

"I don't know that he will ever be the same. That we can ever be the same." She pushed out between tears. "Everything he did was for you Anne, I'm aware they were misguided choices but he thought he was doing the right thing..." I say to her patting her hand. "He loves you, more than anything. And he just wanted you back."

She chuckled a bit, "not more than anything, not anymore." She said with a smile. Back then I wasn't sure what she could be talking about, but now I had a pretty good idea. Had everyone know but me?

Several days passed still not having heard any news. I was out reading by the ground keepers hut when a quick flash of white whooshed past me dropping a letter into my lap. Echo, Sebastian's owl. I quickly tore into the envelope. Finally.

My darling,

I apologize for taking so long to reach you, I wanted to know more of Anne's condition before worrying you and Ominis too much.

things were not looking good when I first arrived but Anne seems to be turning a corner. Thank Merlin.

I hope you've not been too sick with worry. As long as she continues in this direction I should be back to school by the beginning of next week.

I miss you dearly.

Forever yours,
Sebastian

P.S. don't miss your quidditch try outs this weekend. You'll do marvelous and I will be cheering you on from afar.

That's right, I had almost forgotten. Had it been a week already? Nerves crept over me as I thought about the possibilities of making a complete fool of myself on the pitch tomorrow.

I pulled out my quill and a piece of parchment to write him back.

Sebastian,

I am so pleased to hear Anne is on the mend, do give her a hug and my best wishes. Let her know I will visit soon.

I have missed you more than I could ever explain on paper. I can't wait for you to be back. I love you.

I will go to my tryouts tomorrow, only for the thought that it will make you happy.

Forever yours,
Y/N

I handed my letter to Echo and watched her disappear, fading into the white cotton clouds.