Chapter 32: Snow

I did my best to compose my mind and body after what just happened. Getting dressed the sound of laughter rolling through the house piqued my curiosity. I quickly pulled my jumper on before making my way out of my room. It was coming from downstairs. I followed the sound making my way into the kitchen. "Hello dear, nice of you to join us." My mother said as I entered.

Sebastian turned around and I was met with a large smile. "Your Mum is teaching me how to make biscuits!" He exclaimed still smiling, a small bit of flour just on the tip of his nose. I smiles back, "I see that" I said walking towards him brushing the flour off his face, he pulled my fingers to his mouth kissing them softly. "Sebastian dear grab the sugar?" Mum said from behind us.

He made a puzzled face and grabbed his wand. "Accio sugar." Said reaching out to catch the tin as it came flying towards him. "Clever." I said winking at him as I jumped up onto the counter watching them. "Doesn't it fascinate you?" He asked turning back to me.

I raised my eyebrow at him. "Muggles, no offense" he said turning to my mom and then quickly back to me "they do everything for themselves. Everything! No magic, no house elf's, nothing! Where do they find the time!" He explained to me enthusiastically.

It was cute that he enjoyed this other part of my life. I smiled at the thought of it being a regular occurrence. "So Y/N told me that you met in some dueling club 5th year is that correct?" Mum asked. "Yes well, sort of. She bested me in a classroom duel so I knew I had to invite her to join. With her as my partner we were unstoppable." He said narrowing his eyes at me grabbing my thigh slightly.

"Dueling, it seems awfully dangerous to me, but it seems to have stuck with her now wanting to become a... what did you call it again dear?" She questioned me "aurora" Sebastian and I both chimed at the same time. "Yes, which for my understanding is some level of policing, or bounty hunting in your world." She said mixing the dough in a bowl.

"More or less." He said smiling at her. "I'm assuming with you having the same fondness for dueling that is your chosen career path as well?" She inquired. I smiled knowing we had talked about both having to fight for the top spot once we made it out of training for years now.

"Well I did, but I've actually taken a step back from it and decided I'm going to pursue the healer career instead." He explained. My eyes shifted to his not fully having grasped what he said. "What?" I asked not having heard this information myself yet.

"Yeah well, all the research I did to try and help Anne and then taking care of you when you were in hospital It just became clear that was what I wanted...Nurse Blainey said she's going to help get me into the program at St. Mungos if I can get Es on my N.E.W.Ts." He explained.

"A healer? Like a doctor? Very ambitious." My mother said smirking at me. "Y/N father was a doctor you know." She added as she showed him how to roll the biscuit dough into the correct shape. How had I not known he had switched career majors? I wanted to ask more details but now was not the time or place.

"Well now that the two of you are done having fun, I've actually come to steal him away." I said hopping off the counter. "Come on Sallow the pond is calling our names." I said grabbing his hand. He smiles taking off the small apron my mother had lent and thanked her as I pull him away.

We sat on the cold wooden bench near the pond as I showed him how to properly lace the skates. He looked at me unsure of this entire thing and was clearly humoring me. "Okay now stand up and follow me to the pond." I said reaching my arms out to him. "How exactly do you expect me to do that?" He huffed trying to steady himself on the blades.

I giggles slightly watching him, "very carefully." I joked grabbing his hands guiding him gently on to the ice. His body tensed further as he tried to get them to grip, he looked like a baby deer taking its first steps. "I don't like this." He said as he looked at me with a wild look in his eyes as he gripped tightly onto my forearms.