♡ Chapter 2

Ice coated the tips of Blossoms fingers. A nervous habit she'd acquired as a child. She was both pyro and cyro, but the frosty part of her always seemed to overpower the heat. Whenever she was scared or nervous, frost would begin to wrap around her fingers and circle up her arms the more anxious she got.

Bubbles reached over and grabbed her hand, giving her a reassuring squeeze. Her own arms had began to decorate themselves with snake scales. A nervous tick of her own.

So far, nobody's said a word. Everyone was seated quietly in the living room. The three girls huddled on the couch, the professor in the rocking chair, and the two men in suits standing.

Buttercups database had been shouting at her information about the second man. He'd been the one who rang the doorbell.

His red hair was tied back into a low ponytail, a pair of sunglasses sat atop his head. Tattoos peeked out onto his hand, it was obviously a sleeve that traveled up his arm under the suit. From what was poking out, it looked neo traditional.

Agent Jenkins.

𝙱𝚛𝚒𝚌𝚔 𝙹𝚎𝚗𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚜
𝙰𝚐𝚎: 23
𝙷𝚎𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝: 6'
𝙳𝙾𝙱: 27 𝙼𝚊𝚛𝚌𝚑
𝙱𝚊𝚌𝚔𝚐𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚍: 𝚂𝚗𝚒𝚙𝚎𝚛
𝚂𝚝𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜: KIA

[ ]

Buttercup frowned. 'KIA My ass' she thought. He can't be dead if he's standing right before her. Ever since he'd showed up she'd been running a background check on him, trying to reach the classified information. It was taking a lot longer than she'd anticipated.

The Professor cleared his throat. "If you wouldn't mind, can you tell us why you're here?"

Agent Jenkins and Agent Davin shared a look. Davin was still hiding behind his sunglasses, but the way his mouth drew into a straight line said enough. "President Bellum sent us." Jenkins glanced to his watch. "We've been assigned to escort you to a secret location, where you'll be debriefed on your mission."

Blossom frowned. "Mission?"

Agent Davin adjusted his posture. "You'll be debriefed once we arrive."

"How do we know you're not going to just kill us?" Bubbles questioned. "You—" she pointed to Davin"—are apart of the Presidents detail. The same president who agreed to testing on children to turn them into super-weapons." Davin's eyebrows raised above his glasses and he took a small step back.

Jenkins took a step forward. His eerie red eyes narrowed as he looked at the blonde. "There is only one answer. And it's not no. Either you come willingly, or you'll be forced."

Buttercup stood up and took a protective step in front of her sisters. "We will not be going anywhere with you, unless you tell us what the hell is going on."

Blossom reached out and grabbed her sisters robotic hand. "BC, calm down. I'm sure there's a reasonable decision we can all come to terms with."

"No! They want us to go back!" Buttercup pulled away. "I can't go back. I can't go back!"

Blossom stood up and placed her frost-covered hands on Buttercups shoulders. "Breathe." One of her hands pushed back Buttercups hair from her face. "Hey, it'll be okay. Just breathe."

"Do you not see what's happening?!" Buttercup shook her head. She pointed to the agents. "They are trying to take us back! I will not go back! We're gonna be used again! And the second they're done with us we're gonna be thrown away! Just like last time!"

Blossom sighed. "Buttercup—"

"Oh no." Bubbles cut her off. "She's got every right to be freaking out."

"I am not freaking out!" Buttercup growled.

Blossom groaned. "Jesus Christ! Breathe! We are going to be OK!"

"Ahem," Jenkins coughed, drawing all attention to him. "We are on a bit of a time crunch, and I have been given orders to take you at force if necessary. So either you go the easy way, or the hard way."

"You want us?" Buttercup hissed. She threw up her fists and glared. "Come and get 'em."

"Buttercup!" Blossom shoved her sister back onto the couch. "Behave!"

"Behave! This is the same government officials who agreed to rip my eye out of its socket when I was six years old! The same who said it'd be a good idea to destroy every atom of DNA inside of you then freeze and boil you to see what would happen! And do I need to remind you that these are the same government officials who thought ripping Bubbles apart from the inside, tweaking all her cells to replicate into animal cells, was a great fucking idea!"

Whereas Davin took another step back and appeared to grow green, Jenkins stayed neutral. As if he'd heard worse. Seen worse.

Blossom sighed. "We're going with the agents."

"What?!" Bubbles gasped.

"Thank you, ma'am." Davin relaxed. He placed a hand on her shoulder and smiled. "We appreciate your willingness to cooperate."

In an instant he was on the ground in a headlock, his airway slowly being crushed. Blossom's eyes glowed a firecracker shade of orange. Small flames dancing inside them. Whereas when she was nervous the cyro took over, when she was angry, pyro was more prominent. "You listen here bud." She whispered, tightening every so slightly. "We might be going with you to some secret place. We may be going without a fuss and no problems. But that doesn't mean you can touch me. I can, and will, snap your neck like a tooth-pick."

Blossom's eyes flickered to Buttercup who appeared to be enjoying this little show way too much. "See her?" Davin attempted to nod, an awful wheezing sound escaping him. "She's got a thirst for spilling blood." She jerked his head to Bubbles. "And her? She hasn't taken her medication yet. Guess what that means." Davin gurgled something inaudible. "It means her animal instincts'll take over. That sweet little blonde bundle of sunshine'll be gone. Just because I'm keeping both of them at bay now, doesn't mean I'll hold 'em off forever." She squeezed tighter, Davin sucking in the last of air he could retrieve. "Got it?" He gurgled. "Good."

She released him and he began to gasp and practically claw for air. The sparks died down in Blossoms eyes. She flicked her hair over her shoulder as she turned to face Agent Jenkins. "Do we have any time to get some things together."

Jenkins smirked and stepped aside. "Five minutes."